Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/3/21

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Well, you need to do both.

Mostly eyes on the ball, but in the great majority of chances you should be choosing the right time to glance up to check up, where you are, where the keeper is. (Not that I played football at a spectacularly level).

I don't think Maupay does anything wrong in this regard. Technically he's fine

Maupay's problems are between the ears. He's not controlling those rushes of adrenaline, not blocking out the emotions. He almost looks like he's daydreaming.

I'd love it if he does get a hatrick, but I don't think he'll get 3 more for the rest of the season personally

Maupay has been trying to finish by smacking it as hard as he can and trusting to luck. I don't care why, whether it is "rushes to the head" or he just hasn't a clue what top do. It's just dreadful, and they all do it but he's our forward so its even worse for him to do it. Maupay has been bad, not unlucky. If they really think they are unlucky then they are deluding themselves. Messi isn't lucky and Maupay isn't unlucky.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given that you chose to watch 3 Palace games, I would suggest you have already engaged in self-harm.

Well one of them involved us, the other two I just tuned in hoping to see them get humped. It reinforced the fact that they are by far and away the DULLEST team in the PL, and a prohibitive risk to the mental health of anyone who tunes in to watch the soul-crushing dirge they routinely churn out in the name of 'entertainment'.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
WBA v Newcastle tough one to know what would prefer. 0-0 draw and few sendings off.

Fulham to lose please.

Point for us be good

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Burnley v Arsenal 0-2
Sheffield Utd 1-1 Southampton
Aston villa 1-1 Wolves
Brighton and Hove Albion 2-1 Liecster

West Brom 1-0 Newcastle
Liverpool 2-0 Fulham
Man City 3-1 Man Utd
Spurs 2-0 Palace

Chelsea 2-1 Everton
West Ham 2-2 Leeds

By 10pm on Monday I reckon I might have got 2 correct if I'm lucky :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gonna post this reply here to avoid confusion by bumping the old thread:

Dermot was wrong then. As you cannot score with your arm, it cannot be offside. It's why the line is done from the armpit starting at the torso.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

That was last season. This season, because people were so upset that the entire arm was included with handball, the top half of the arm (the sleeve up) is not considered handball and so you can score a goal with it, and thus can be offside with it. The line is no longer drawn from the armpit but from the sleeve. There was an incident a little while back where it was suggested that had a player not been wearing an arm band in memory of someone or other that the line would have been drawn a little further up his arm and he would have been onside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lovely move by Arsenal but shocking defending and keeping from Burnley and Pope there.

Why don’t these teams ever have these defensive and keeper lapses against us?!

Watch Schmeichel have a mare against us today, for the first time ever! :smile:

My meds are brilliant

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Does McManaman have anything to say that isn’t a tired old nonsensical cliche? He’s also picked up that annoying Neville and Carragher trait of making weird noises in the background.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would have loved to see how we’d have managed to avoid scoring that

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland