Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/3/21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Easy three points for Fulham - as everyone wins away at Liverpool, and West Brom have an opportunity to really ramp up the pressure on Newcastle.

Saturday 6th March 2021
Burnley v Arsenal (12:30) - BT Sport
Sheffield United v Southampton (15:00) - Sky Sports
Aston Villa v Wolves (17:30) - Sky Sports
Brighton & Hove Albion v Leicester City (20:00) - Sky Sports

Sunday 7th March 2021
West Brom v Newcastle United (12:00) - Amazon Prime
Liverpool v Fulham (14:00) - Sky Sports
Man City v Man Utd (16:30) - Sky Sports
Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (19:15) - Sky Sports

Monday 8th March 2021
Chelsea v Everton (18:00) - BT Sport
West Ham United v Leeds United (20:00) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 09.53.09.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chance to get to 15th. place, but the way this season has gone Burnley will probably nick something against Arsenal and remove that chance before we even set foot on the pitch!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Bit of a free hit tomorrows game but with the injuries Leicester have, for once I feel we have a chance to get one over them. Come on lads.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good weekend for Mrs P to be on late shifts (14:00-22:00)

This weekend I shall mainly be vegetating in front of the tellybox watching wall to wall football :thumbsup:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Strangely optimistic for tomorrow.

Feels like we play better against teams at the top end of the table and Leicester have got some decent players out.

Gave them a decent game in the cup with a weaker side and were unlucky to lose.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Maupay hattrick

He will get at least 3 chances but all the stats show that Maupay is more than likely to fail to convert any of them. Still, he has had all week to kick a ball about since the last game, maybe he has learnt to look up and place the ball instead of whacking it and trusting to luck. You never know.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think I'll give Spurs v Palace a swerve. Two sides that sit back and play on the break....zzzz

The last 3 Palace games I've watched almost led me to self-harm.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He will get at least 3 chances but all the stats show that Maupay is more than likely to fail to convert any of them. Still, he has had all week to kick a ball about since the last game, maybe he has learnt to look up and place the ball instead of whacking it and trusting to luck. You never know.

messi-coke-levante-289192.jpeg

Players watch the ball when they shoot, its only in your wild imagination they dont.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
bfefe684840af2da34018e454d5378fe.jpg

I’m far from convinced about Maupay, but some of the names who have underperformed (ie missed good chances) worse than him this season aren’t half bad players.

Luckily for those teams the misses probably haven’t been nearly as costly.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Think I'll give Spurs v Palace a swerve. Two sides that sit back and play on the break....zzzz

The last 3 Palace games I've watched almost led me to self-harm.

Given that you chose to watch 3 Palace games, I would suggest you have already engaged in self-harm.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
View attachment 134513

Players watch the ball when they shoot, its only in your wild imagination they dont.

Have you ever played football? Serious question. It's bizzare to compare Maupay to Messi. Messi is the reverse of Maupay. He has great awareness of where the keeper is in relation to the goal, then more often than not places the ball where the keeper is not. It really isn't luck why Messi scores goals and Maupay misses chances. Do you really just think Maupay is unlucky?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Have you ever played football? Serious question. It's bizzare to compare Maupay to Messi. Messi is the reverse of Maupay. He has great awareness of where the keeper is in relation to the goal, then more often than not places the ball where the keeper is not. It really isn't luck why Messi scores goals and Maupay misses chances. Do you really just think Maupay is unlucky?

Not unlucky, but usually starts with his back to the goal which makes scoring a bit harder.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Not unlucky, but usually starts with his back to the goal which makes scoring a bit harder.

Have a look at Maupay's misses this season, it's not to do with his back to goal. t's bad technique. He takes a wild swing and trusts to luck. It's not just him tho' it's most of the squad. But as he is the centre forward then it's frankly shockingly bad. The midfield win the midfield battle every week so will give them due respect for that. They all tho need to stop thinking they are unlucky. They are not, they just a set of players who shoot like a cubs under 10 side.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Well, you need to do both.

Mostly eyes on the ball, but in the great majority of chances you should be choosing the right time to glance up to check up, where you are, where the keeper is. (Not that I played football at a spectacularly level).

I don't think Maupay does anything wrong in this regard. Technically he's fine

Maupay's problems are between the ears. He's not controlling those rushes of adrenaline, not blocking out the emotions. He almost looks like he's daydreaming.

I'd love it if he does get a hatrick, but I don't think he'll get 3 more for the rest of the season personally

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here