Like or loath

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • Loath

Votes: 143 30.1%
  • meh

Votes: 251 52.8%

• Total voters

boik

This just demonstrates the modern mania for everything to be black or white (no pun intended). Kind of ironic that with so many people declaring themselves to be non-binary, everything else has to be strictly binary.

In the real world most things are nuanced, but people are now in the habit of having a quick scan and taking a side.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Anne? We need to hear what you think of her too. You did well to ignore Edward though

Who is Edward?

Ann - I left her out on purpose. She said some awful things after Diana died to some lads in the horse guards barracks. Obviously this isn’t well known.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That's all well and good unless of course the reason for the different treatment is her ethnicity?

Some people prefer that explanation. Others go for the money grabbing American celebrity angle. Who knows. There is not much point in earnest debate where people claim to know. They don’t. People believe what they want to believe.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
She's taking on the wrong people for a public spat, they have a thousand years of having to deal with family issues and have far more options available to them, I read that 10 place staff are helping with a probe into allegations of bullying and this is just the start, in my opinion she's a gold digger if she just wanted a her prince and children to live a quite luxurious life somwhere in America with absoluty no compulsion to do anything for such a life it was available but no she has chosen a full media dynasty style flounce, so much for media shy, I fear this will not end well for her.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It won’t end well for her. The uk press will no doubt rip her a new one, and she ought to have been able to see that coming, she had an option not to insult our monarchy but she turned that down, and for that reason she deserves everything she gets.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Not a fan. Essentially she has taken advantage of a thick bloke and made it all about her. The ultimate case of a woman interested in a bloke because he has cash /status who'd she'd never have given a second glance to if it wasn't for the potential prestige and leg up to her "brand" urgh. Cries foul about publicity via Netflix and Oprah without a sense of irony with everyone else branded a racist because they don't think the sun shines out of her self absorbed arse.

As for Harry, If you can only scrape a B and D at A levels with an Eton education - one of which you were accused of cheating in - you certainly aren't the brightest. One day the penny will drop.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

OK, one day I grant you but that's probably in the contract as non-negotiable. She's gone now, but she'll use the title 'Duchess of Sussex' for the rest of her life. What does it mean?

On balance, I'm in favour of the monarchy but these titles don't help, where the recipient has no connection whatsoever with the people within their dukedom, or earldom. Contrast this with the shift Princess Anne puts in and the ongoing commitment she has to Scotland and the RFU.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Meg is brilliant. As well as being the most beautiful royal there has ever been, she is sticking up for herself against the establishment might of the royal family. Good on her. I’m sure Harry and herself will have a much better life in the US away from our scum tabloids. I like the idea of them breaking free, especially Harry, he has never chosen to be a royal.

Ok, she might be a bit of a diva, but aren’t all actors?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I think it's to Britain's great shame that the establishment and a large section of the public couldn't accept having a woman of mixed heritage as a member of the royal family. And ignore all the other twaddle and excuses, that is what it boils down to. What a missed opportunity to demonstrate that modern Britain is a sophisticated and tolerant society. I suppose that as with Brexit the ignorant have triumphed again...

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Street wise and manulative that’s Megan. All About her .

Prince Phillip hilarious- and much admired for not allowing political correctness to curtail his humour .

The queen - above reproach -always does the right thing .

Rather than "hilarious" Philip is simply arrogant and presumes he can say anything to anyone anywhere. If you read his famous one-liners they are not at all funny, e.g. to British students in China: "if you stay here much longer you'll get slitty eyed". As for the queen always doing the right thing; how about the 4 fantastically dysfunctional children she has dumped on the country as the next tranche of "royalty"? How about the terrible mis-handling of Diana and now Meghan Markle?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
They had this sort of row, but in spades, when George IV was king. (1820's.) He and his wife, Queen Caroline, didn't get on at all. No divorce possible then. There were pro-king factions and pro-queen factions, and one of the lords who was on the king';s side had his carriage stopped by an angry mob who wouldn't let him past until he had proposed a toast to the queen. To which he superbly replied, "To the queen - and may all your wives be like her!".

(It was his coronation where they wouldn't let the queen in, and she ran round the abbey banging on the doors demanding to be let in. Then she took a carriage ride back to the palace (I don't think it was Buck House then) and appeared on the balcony first to get the "cheers" of the crowd.)

So to those who think non-Princess Megan is the bees' knees - "May all your wives be like her!"

(I wonder if Harry's DNA tests might be resuscitated and all titles reconsidered? :p)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

(I wonder if Harry's DNA tests might be resuscitated and all titles reconsidered? :p)

This is what I don't understand. If he hates England that much, hates being a Royal that much, hates his brother and the Royal family that much there's an easy get out. Have a DNA test showing you're only a half brother to William and then go your merry way! edit of course , there's the money he/she will lose out on....

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think it's to Britain's great shame that the establishment and a large section of the public couldn't accept having a woman of mixed heritage as a member of the royal family. And ignore all the other twaddle and excuses, that is what it boils down to. What a missed opportunity to demonstrate that modern Britain is a sophisticated and tolerant society. I suppose that as with Brexit the ignorant have triumphed again...

It’s all happening to feed your superiority complex. You should be pleased

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Agree with those who say, it's pretty much impossible to form an opinion through the fog of tabloid headlines.

Harry seems like a decent fella, again, can't be sure

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Agree with those who say, it's pretty much impossible to form an opinion through the fog of tabloid headlines.

Harry seems like a decent fella, again, can't be sure

Some things are just not that foggy.

prince-harry-james-hewitt-1522075601.jpg

Attachments

• download.gif
    download.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 95

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here