• Loath

Votes: 143 30.1%
  • meh

Votes: 251 52.8%

• Total voters

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But if you’re paying little to no attention to the story, then surely your opinion can only come from having a vague sense of how the press report on her. And if the press report on her in a grossly unfair way then your opinion of her is likely to be unfair.

I’m not meaning to pick on you or your view, I’m just trying to make the point of how the press can create unfair perceptions of people with a constant drip feeding of negative articles. They’ve done similar things to black footballers, Raheem Sterling and Ashley Cole spring to mind.

Using your own logic, how do you know that you haven’t been brainwashed by alternatives to the mainstream press ?

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I seem to remember Fergie (not Sir Alex) being compared to Diana by the press about how she dressed etc so really nothing new. I'm more annoyed they use the title Sussex. they are not from Sussex and we do not need a Duke we have got by for years without one.. perhaps there should be a tread titled ' Duke of Sussex what does he do ?'

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dream come true for the Royal Family.

Can you tell us more about the non sweaty antics of Andrew?

Wait - look over there. A partially black woman is doing something stupid.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
A bit like the Busby, Fergie, Wenger dynasties, the institution of the Royal Family will face many challenges when the Queen dies. Markel is the least of the firm’s worries.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Publicity seeking gold digger and 3rd rate actress

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was initially receptive but the woman hasn't bothered to set foot in Sussex and is now tainting the good name of our county, so she can do one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a fan, but loathe is too strong a word. Hot totty, for sure, but bad news for the Royal Family (and probably Harry) - will she be the new Diana (a goddess to the twitteraty) or the new Mrs. Simpson? At least Mrs. Simpson could keep her mouth shut (except apparently when in the private company of our one time temporary king).

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
She was great in Whistle (and Flutes) and far from the B list actress some would have us believe, although Scottie in that show was by far the top totty in the face of some stiff competition.

DD16C09B-41B2-43FA-BC40-6CC6205923B6.png

D

Deleted member 2719

Does it matter ?

How can anyone form a judgement of her character when none of us know her ?

Unless you are foolish enough to believe anything you read. Do folk still believe the tabloids these days ?

Of course your right.

It is amazing how some of the guys who gave this a thumbs-up, have judged me without knowing me.:nono:

It's almost as if they are not as clever as they think they are.:nono:

As for Megan, she is a cold, heartless, headline money-grabbing glory girl, and Harry, well he just Harry.:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe it’s the kind of press intrusion that is the problem. The unfavourable comparison with the Duchess of Cambridge in the gutter press, which to anyone’s mind are completely unfair. I wonder what makes them so anti Megan, I really can’t think what it could be.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Kate: "Bumping along nicely! The Duchess was seen placing a protective hand on her tummy as she exited the event." Daily Mail: March 22, 2018

Meghan: "Personally, I find the cradling a bit like those signs in the back of cars: Baby on Board. Virtue signaling, as though the rest of us barren harridans deserve to burn alive in our cars." Daily Mail: Jan. 26, 2019

Express / 2017, Express / 2019
Kate and William: "Prince William was given one of the green fruit – wrapped up in a bow – by a little boy who's mother is suffering during her pregnancy too... 'He said he'd take it to [Kate] and see what happens – and said good luck for [the boy's] mummy.'" Express: Sept. 14, 2017

Meghan: "The pregnant Duchess of Sussex and so-called 'avocado on toast whisperer' is wolfing down a fruit linked to water shortages, illegal deforestation and all round general environmental devastation." Express: Jan. 23, 2019

Daily Mail / 2016, Daily Mail / 2019
Kate: "Royal sources said yesterday that the Queen understood and endorsed William and Kate’s decision not to spend Christmas Day with her. One said: ‘Her Majesty understands that it is a dilemma that many young couples face and acknowledges how close Catherine’s relationship is with her family." Daily Mail: Dec. 16, 2016

Meghan: "The fact is the Queen expects to have the family around her for the festive season... to the Queen, for whom the tradition of the family gathering is a key date in her calendar, Harry and Meghan’s absence will be a matter of great sadness. It will also be a source of frustration." Daily Mail: Nov. 13, 2019

Daily Mail / 2014, Daily Mail / 2019
Kate and William: "Creating their own companies will allow William and Kate to bring out, should they ever chose to, myriad items of officially-endorsed merchandise from tea towels to coffee cups... Kensington Palace officials said they were doing the ‘sensible thing’ in protecting the couple’s rights." Daily Mail: Jan. 17, 2014

Meghan and Harry: "The Sussexes want to stamp their name on dozens of products including T-shirts, hoodies, journals and gloves for their newly-created foundation Sussex Royal... Experts said Harry and Meghan were actively preparing to quit the Royal Family months ago by filing trade mark applications to commercially protect their brand." Daily Mail: Jan. 9, 2020
Sun
Kate and William: "Prince William yesterday backed brother Harry’s brave admission of his mental anguish — and blasted the monarchy’s 'stiff upper lip' tradition... William said: 'There may be a time and a place for the ‘stiff upper lip’ but not at the expense of your health... '

"'Catherine and I are clear we want both George and Charlotte to grow up feeling able to talk about their emotions and feelings. Over the past year we have visited a number of schools together where we have been amazed listening to children talk about some quite difficult subjects in a clear and emotionally articulate way, something most adults would struggle with. Seeing this has really given me hope things are changing and there is a generation coming up who find it normal to talk openly about emotions.'” Sun: April 19, 2017

Meghan and Harry: "Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have bucked royal tradition once again with their latest TV interview — in which they claimed they were 'existing, not living.' The couple ditched the stiff upper lip of previous Royal Family generations and flew the flag for 'Generation Therapy' as they revealed their emotions to the world - but were they right to do so?

"What you make of 'fragile' Prince Harry and Meghan's comments may depend on your generation. Sun parents and kids reveal what they think of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex airing their emotions in public - and whether they have the right to moan in such positions of privilege..." Sun: Oct. 23, 2019

Mail
Kate: "It was reported that new Duchess of Cambridge requested her favorite scented candles and toiletries from luxury fragrance brand Jo Malone be delivered to scent the Abbey. A selection of candles, handwashes and lotions was requested, specifically in citrus spring scents including Orange Blossom, Grapefruit and the ever-popular Lime, Basil & Mandarin." Daily Mail: May 4, 2011

Meghan: "'Meghan wanted staff to go around with these atomizers, like spritzer guns, and spray the chapel with scent before anyone arrived. Royal Household staff stepped in and told her office politely, but firmly, that this was the queen's chapel and it simply wasn't appropriate. I don't believe they said no because they thought it could affect the chapel in any way. It was simply the principle of the thing. This is a place that has held royal weddings, funerals and even contains the royal vault. I don't believe a request of that nature had been made before.'" Daily Mail: Nov. 30, 2018

Christ. That is completely bizzare. What's the difference between the two women? I just can't think:shrug: ???

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Using your own logic, how do you know that you haven’t been brainwashed by alternatives to the mainstream press ?

I have no opinion on Meghan Markle. I haven’t paid anywhere enough attention to her to be able to form an informed opinion.

Also I suspect it’s only a selection of the mainstream press that run all the negative stories on her.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's lucky for you (and her) that Phil the Greek is out of action at the moment or else I would suggest you both avoid tunnels for the foreseeable ...

#teamfirm

They'll be fine. Unless Megan is about to take up the Palestinian cause then they're dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here