Votes: 143 30.1%
  • meh

Votes: 251 52.8%

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I haven’t actually done anymore than skim read articles about her, my opinion is from interviews I have heard from her and her shit timing. I can have an opinion based on that without being foolish, no?

I do like Jeremy Clarkson though, so perhaps I am :shrug:

I think if an opinion is based on what someone voluntarily says that's fair. My gross disliking of Donald Trump was only based on his voluntary offerings.

Other than that, and even there it needs context, I don't trust anything.

The latest palace thing is just claim and counter claim. Yet folk form judgements on that which they know nothing of.

albionite

May 20, 2009
never met her but tabloids tell me to hate her:sheep:
(she was good in suits so maybe she is ok :mad:)

Meh who cares

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think if an opinion is based on what someone voluntarily says that's fair. My gross disliking of Donald Trump was only based on his voluntary offerings.

Other than that, and even there it needs context, I don't trust anything.

The latest palace thing is just claim and counter claim. Yet folk form judgements on that which they know nothing of.

In fairness I believe the “firm” have only reacted after something Harry and Meghan have gone public with first?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Voted meh but I get the impression she's just a B/C list actress who found a prince, got her fairytale wedding and is now intent on extracting maximum value from the relationship elevating her to temporary A list celeb status. Harry has a walk-on part but will be jettisoned at some point .... basically she's the Katie Price of LA.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Maybe it’s the kind of press intrusion that is the problem. The unfavourable comparison with the Duchess of Cambridge in the gutter press, which to anyone’s mind are completely unfair. I wonder what makes them so anti Megan, I really can’t think what it could be.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

The comparisons in that link are shocking. The gutter press really is awful. Wasn’t there a similar thing about how they treat young white and black footballers. Something like young white footballer buys his mum a house, what a guy loves his mum etc. Young black footballer does the same, hasn’t even made the first team and buying a house.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Initially liked her but have changed my view. How can you have so strong a stance on press intrusion, but then court publicity in the way that she is doing.

I don't think she's saying "Hi guys, feel free to dig through my bins, bribe my former staff and ex-costars to make up stories about me, hack my emails and invent stories about how my "beloved" avocados are a terrorist threat" just by being TV star

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Voted meh but I get the impression she's just a B/C list actress who found a prince, got her fairytale wedding and is now intent on extracting maximum value from the relationship elevating her to temporary A list celeb status. Harry has a walk-on part but will be jettisoned at some point .... basically she's the Katie Price of LA.

From a biased press?

See this article in from an earlier post https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
James O'Brien did a good piece about her and how certain elements of the British press (you know who!) spun stories about her one way and very similar stories about Kate in another. Guessing she took it for as long as she could.

I don't know whether it's the Royals to blame or, more likely, the civil servants behind them that brief the press the way they do.

Yeah, wonder what they said about Kate when she ate an avocado?

Capture.JPG

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

There is a train of thought that it is her , who has married below themselves.

His extended family, been on state handouts from time immemorial, numerous messy divorces, Uncle is a suspected paedophile wanted for questioning in America. A Grandmother and great Grandmother photographed doing Nazi salutes in the 30s, and a great Uncle who was deported in all but name at the outbreak of the Second World War as a danger to national security.

This is leaving aside the numerous rumours of extramarital affairs, that have dogged the family for years, and still do.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There is a train of thought that it is her , who has married below themselves.

His extended family, been on state handouts from time immemorial, numerous messy divorces, Uncle is a suspected paedophile wanted for questioning in America. A Grandmother and great Grandmother photographed doing Nazi salutes in the 30s, and a great Uncle who was deported in all but name at the outbreak of the Second World War as a danger to national security.

This is leaving aside the numerous rumours of extramarital affairs, that have dogged the family for years.

It's lucky for you (and her) that Phil the Greek is out of action at the moment or else I would suggest you both avoid tunnels for the foreseeable ...

#teamfirm

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's lucky for you (and her) that Phil the Greek is out of action at the moment or else I would suggest you both avoid tunnels for the foreseeable ...

#teamfirm

And , funnily enough, that’s about the only rumour I believe has no substance.

Well, that and the giant lizards one.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Not even from a biased press just an overall impression I have formed paying little to no attention to the story. She could be absolutely lovely or someone who knows how to play the media/victim game (possibly both).

But if you’re paying little to no attention to the story, then surely your opinion can only come from having a vague sense of how the press report on her. And if the press report on her in a grossly unfair way then your opinion of her is likely to be unfair.

I’m not meaning to pick on you or your view, I’m just trying to make the point of how the press can create unfair perceptions of people with a constant drip feeding of negative articles. They’ve done similar things to black footballers, Raheem Sterling and Ashley Cole spring to mind.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
James O'Brien did a good piece about her and how certain elements of the British press (you know who!) spun stories about her one way and very similar stories about Kate in another. Guessing she took it for as long as she could.

I don't know whether it's the Royals to blame or, more likely, the civil servants behind them that brief the press the way they do.

I’ve listened to JO’B with those contrasting stories for a quite a while.

His point is that they were treated differently by the gutter press from the very beginning, even when Meghan fitted in with the establishment.

His argument is racism.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Would like to know why people actually dislike her - what has she done wrong? I went like because of suits but otherwise it would have been meh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here