Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Central Heating Advice

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Indeed ! I'd recommend Charlie from Pavilion Plumbing and Heating - Albion fan as well .... unlike British Gas.

Second a recommendation for Pavilion Plumbing and Heating. They installed a combi boiler for us, all controlled via an app on phone. Dead easy to use and means we can switch off remotely if going to be out for longer than expected and always warm when we get back.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We have had our valiant combi boiler for five years and so far reliability has been faultless and appears to be very efficient as our gas bills are lower now than five years ago

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
A Worcester or Vaillant gas combi boiler. Far more efficient and cheaper to run than older boilers, the two most reliable brands.

They won’t be phased out. For better or worse, mains gas will be our heating fuel for many years to come.

Totally agree - Worcester or valiant are both very good makes and reliable . I would also use British Gas and go on their service policy . Not usually a fan of insurance type policies but this one has saved me a fortune over the last 10 years - the engineers are all very knowledgeable and you can book online for next day - any time u have a problem . Well worth it .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Totally agree - Worcester or valiant are both very good makes and reliable . I would also use British Gas and go on their service policy . Not usually a fan of insurance type policies but this one has saved me a fortune over the last 10 years - the engineers are all very knowledgeable and you can book online for next day - any time u have a problem . Well worth it .

They've saved my elderly parents before, coming out on Xmas Day and Boxing Day in different years. British Gas also have access to a full array of parts 365. Money well spent if you don't have back up heating eg portable electric rads.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Yeah we have their service policy and they have been pretty good but said they wont be able to get the parts for our boiler soon hence the conversation about an upgrade

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Very happy with our Viessman combi boiler installed summer 2019. Very easy to control with getting rid of tanks freed up ton of space in the loft. The only slight downside is having to watch shower temp if someone flushes the toilet. Not a big issue as we only have one toilet and bathroom. If you have multiple combi might not be such a good idea. We had a great service from Graphite heating and plumbing in Polegate

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
We moved into our current property 2 years ago and it has dated storage heaters. The water is heated by an electric hot water tank as there is no gas in the flat. I would love to have gas central heating installed and a combi boiler but I fear the cost will be sky high. Any ideas on how much to bring mains gas in and supply and fit 5/6 rads and combi boiler?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Indeed ! I'd recommend Charlie from Pavilion Plumbing and Heating - Albion fan as well .... unlike British Gas.

Can't recommend them highly enough, they've just removed my old boiler from the loft along with all the water tanks and pipework and fitted a new Valiant boiler in our utility room. They also fitted a new shower for me and did the lot in two and a half days. I know they read NSC sometimes so it's a big thankyou to Chris, Charlie and Wayne, Legends!
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here