Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Mental Health Thread

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I have to say I'm struggling a bit at the moment.

Neither my partner or I have seen any of our family since Xmas/New Year 2019 - we live in Northumberland, his family are in Derbyshire and mine in Sussex. He lost his Dad last April and wasn't able to attend the funeral or really grieve at all in the 'normal' way, if there is such a thing.

Obviously I've been doing everything I can to support him through that and through other MH difficulties that he's having, but I'm finding that it's all getting a bit on top of me, combined with the isolation from family and friends.

As with a lot of people at the moment, we both WFH and while that's fine as far as it goes, I'm finding that my work and home life are increasingly blurred, and of course there are limited options for things to do outside the house for variety at the moment. To be blunt there are days that we're essentially sick of the sight of each other.

We're due to be getting married in July so we're working on planning that as far as is possible, but the uncertainty around what it will be, if it can even happen at all, is not helping. I hoped it would feel like a light at the end of the tunnel, but it doesn't at the moment.

All in all, I'm plodding along and getting through days, but I know that things aren't right in my head.

Very best wishes for your getting hitched in July, you have a partner which is great, it will all work out and if you can't have the number of people you want on the day it is an excellent excuse to have a big party on your first anniversary (says a man looking how to sort out how Mrs Jakarta and I are going to celebrate our 25th in August!)

Take Care

:thumbsup:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I have to say I'm struggling a bit at the moment.

Neither my partner or I have seen any of our family since Xmas/New Year 2019 - we live in Northumberland, his family are in Derbyshire and mine in Sussex. He lost his Dad last April and wasn't able to attend the funeral or really grieve at all in the 'normal' way, if there is such a thing.

Obviously I've been doing everything I can to support him through that and through other MH difficulties that he's having, but I'm finding that it's all getting a bit on top of me, combined with the isolation from family and friends.

As with a lot of people at the moment, we both WFH and while that's fine as far as it goes, I'm finding that my work and home life are increasingly blurred, and of course there are limited options for things to do outside the house for variety at the moment. To be blunt there are days that we're essentially sick of the sight of each other.

We're due to be getting married in July so we're working on planning that as far as is possible, but the uncertainty around what it will be, if it can even happen at all, is not helping. I hoped it would feel like a light at the end of the tunnel, but it doesn't at the moment.

All in all, I'm plodding along and getting through days, but I know that things aren't right in my head.

I know it’s been a while since you posted this, and the world is a bit more free and open, but if you ever feel that meeting for a beer with a fellow North East Albion fan would help, just drop me a PM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here