Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Terror BBC2 at 2100 tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
10 parter with great reviews

Anyone on her seen it?

Thoughts?

Sounds like a bit of a horror theme, is it?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Was this the show that was on AMC originally about the ships that try to sail through the Arctic loosely based on a true story?

If it is then its bloody excellent!!!!!! A bit of mild horror in it but more suspense really imo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was this the show that was on AMC originally about the ships that try to sail through the Arctic loosely based on a true story?

If it is then its bloody excellent!!!!!! A bit of mild horror in it but more suspense really imo.

Thanks. I don’t do horror movies but suspense is good. If it’s anything like as terrifying as the Shining I’m not interested :smile:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thanks. I don’t do horror movies but suspense is good. If it’s anything like as terrifying as the Shining I’m not interested :smile:

There are dark/scary undercurrents but I'd not describe it as full horror at any point. I thought it was really good gripping stuff.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yes, watched this when it first came out in 2018. It’s really very good - highly recommend.

Sadly the second ‘season’, set in a Japanese internment camp in America during WW2, was a huge disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Me and the Mrs have watched the first two episodes based on the recommendation on here. She's really enjoying it, I'm on the fence for now.
It seems like the 3rd one is where shit will go down and it will start getting a bit more interesting.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Two episodes in and have to say it’s not really grabbed me.

I love Ridley Scott but had forgotten how much the ******* uses darkness to set up suspense but when you’ve gone to the trouble of recreating 19th century ships in immaculate detail I actually want to see the bloody things!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I watched the first episode turned off half way through not impressed will not be watching any more

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think I made it episode 5/6 and gave up. It was well made me always seemed on the verge of being better without really getting anywhere.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think I made it episode 5/6 and gave up. It was well made me always seemed on the verge of being better without really getting anywhere.

Given that the whole premise is that they're stuck in the ice for years, hats off for reviewing it as "not really getting anywhere". :clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here