Votes: 15 25.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The dates above are put rather tentatively as this may be more like an old County Championship match...

England go into the final tie 2-1 down and facing another defeat at the hands of the Indian spinners. There is nothing to suggest that conditions will differ.

The last match thread was designed to be a distraction from Albion's woes yet turned into a binfest of unplayable googlies of frustration.

This match starts at 4am so at least you have an excuse to only see some of it.

Expect England to bolster their spinning department with a second addition. Expect India to go 3-1 up unless something special happens.

10/11 in each of the matches so far, I'll try to make it a full house here but questions over which fast bowler would drop out leave me at a loss:

Crawley
Sibley
Bairstow
Root
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
Archer
Leach
Anderson

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wish they could do the toss the night before for these games. I know obviously they can't, but if I knew England were bowling I'd get up at 4, but not that bothered about getting up that early if we're batting.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
The dates above are put rather tentatively as this may be more like an old County Championship match...

England go into the final tie 2-1 down and facing another defeat at the hands of the Indian spinners. There is nothing to suggest that conditions will differ.

The last match thread was designed to be a distraction from Albion's woes yet turned into a binfest of unplayable googlies of frustration.

This match starts at 4am so at least you have an excuse to only see some of it.

Expect England to bolster their spinning department with a second addition. Expect India to go 3-1 up unless something special happens.

10/11 in each of the matches so far, I'll try to make it a full house here but questions over which fast bowler would drop out leave me at a loss:

Crawley
Sibley
Bairstow
Root
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
Archer
Leach
Anderson

I expect that'll be the team barring injury. Looking forward to getting a couple of hours of cricket in before starting work.

Last edited:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I wish they could do the toss the night before for these games. I know obviously they can't, but if I knew England were bowling I'd get up at 4, but not that bothered about getting up that early if we're batting.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, if it's anything like the last game we won't be batting for long.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Seeing as Anderson has been unwell & Bairstow was poor and undercooked how about

Crawley
Burns
Sibley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
Archer
Broad
Leach

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seeing as Anderson has been unwell & Bairstow was poor and undercooked how about

Crawley
Burns
Sibley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
Archer
Broad
Leach

I could get with that.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Crawley
Burns
Sibley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Foakes
Bess
Archer
Broad
Leach

That's just changing the walking wickets at 1, 2 and 3 for another set of walking wickets at 1, 2 and 3.

22 - 3 after 5 overs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just speed-read the thread title and though it said - Fourth Test Match - Abandoned :(

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just speed-read the thread title and though it said - Fourth Test Match - Abandoned :(

You are reading it in a similar way to England's reading of spin.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Slight improvement. Defeat in three days.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dont be fooled by the green :lolol: That looks very dry and almost exactly the same as the wicket from the third test did the day before, certainly not the ‘road’ the BCCI said the pitch would be with ‘plenty of runs’ :lolol:
760B2C6D-F87D-4C21-9E86-230FCB636B13.jpeg

(Wheel loose inside 3 days)

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
We need at least one decent opener, Butler is a huge miss I know it’s rotational... looking forward to getting up at silly o’clock

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’d say there is a decent case to pick an extra batsman than Bess.

Pick two pace bowlers plus Leach and your 4th and 5th bowlers are Stokes & Root.

Buttler is pretty adept at playing spin if he is back in the touring party.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
We need at least one decent opener, Butler is a huge miss I know it’s rotational... looking forward to getting up at silly o’clock

The Buttler we all like to think of coming out and counter attacking and scoring quick runs is a big miss.
The actual Buttler who plays actual test matches has never demonstrated any notable ability in these conditions.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Dont be fooled by the green :lolol: That looks very dry and almost exactly the same as the wicket from the third test did the day before, certainly not the ‘road’ the BCCI said the pitch would be with ‘plenty of runs’ :lolol:
View attachment 134457

(Wheel loose inside 3 days)

They've got this pitch doctoring all wrong. You're meant to shave the ends and leave grass on a length, not the other way round.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Getting up at 4am is the only way you will see the England first innings live if we bat first.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
India win the toss and bat first we may go into a third day, as India will bat long into the second day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Foakes is a better bat in these conditions, and a far better keeper :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here