Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Enough for a goal scorer would be nice.

Oh.........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why is Boris's right leg bouncing up and down so much. He seems very excited.

Mine is too. I'm assuming it's the sugar rush from a YORKIE I devoured a little while back.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There was but Leekbrook started it 6 days early. Makes you wonder if he does everything prematurely.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not much point in a budget thread if it's virtually all been leaked already.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm only half listening to this as most of this will not affect me in any way but, this just struck me.

Sunak keeps making a big thing about Corporation Tax being less in the UK than anywhere else even with the increase in two years time so.... If companies have such generous tax rates why oh why are so many of us on shat wages or stuck with shat wages AND poor working practices in the Gig Economy?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very bold strategy on business tax and investment.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There was but Leekbrook started it 6 days early. Makes you wonder if he does everything prematurely.

Certainly pressing the Submit Thread button given he is nearly always the first to reply to his own thread.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
The devil is in the detail, but it sounds like a very upbeat positive budget so far. Starmer is going to struggle to pick much to criticise, so I imagine he will just say it doesn't go far enough.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm only half listening to this as most of this will not affect me in any way but, this just struck me.

Sunak keeps making a big thing about Corporation Tax being less in the UK than anywhere else even with the increase in two years time so.... If companies have such generous tax rates why oh why are so many of us on shat wages or stuck with shat wages AND poor working practices in the Gig Economy?

Capitalism, innit.

On a personal note, the culling of the money tree forest will certainly help my company - which is nice for my job security. Now off to find the ladder to pull up and change my name to Jack.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The devil is in the detail, but it sounds like a very upbeat positive budget so far. Starmer is going to struggle to pick much to criticise, so I imagine he will just say it doesn't go far enough.

Freezing of personal allowance I guess. Going to disproportionately affect public service workers (most of which lower paid) who are also having to deal with no pay rise.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Agreed. Hard to see what else they could do. Incredible support for jobs. Totally unprecedented, and this from the Tories. I doubt Labour would have done more.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hope Rishi is enjoying himself as it will probably be the last time. Any fool can give away money and look good. All downhill from here, son. Might want to take the Boris route and get out quick to let some other joker take the brunt of the abuse when we have to claw the money back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

wages are often the largest cost for a business, so they seek to minimise them if they can.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And to think that at the last GE Corbyn was ridiculed for wanting to give every household access to free Internet for just a £billion or two!.... This is unimaginable spaffing from a Tory... Anyone in the media going to try to get George Osborne's opinion on this budget?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here