Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are we obsessed with death? Time to have some positivity back on the board?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was amused and then slightly disturbed to see out of the top 10 threads today, half of them concern death, funeral plans, coffins, or RIP's threads.

Is it time for some positivity and LIFE?

The spring and then summer are coming, vaccinations are accelerating and Brighton are in the Premier League. What a time to be alive!

p.s.) Football is coming home!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I was amused and then slightly disturbed to see out of the top 10 threads today, half of them concern death, funeral plans, coffins, or RIP's threads.

The spring and then summer are coming, vaccinations are accelerating and Brighton are in the Premier League. What a time to be alive!

Is it time for a death sub forum ?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

I’ll be in the pub at Easter and at the Amex in August.

And I’ll be getting an estimate from my barber as my hair currently resembles Doddy’s.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
It's because NSC are all oldies, barring a handful of youth and let's face it we've had death shoved in our faces for about a year now relentlessly. I agree though, spring is in the air days are lengthening. Celebrate life in all its wonder.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I’d say it’s natural for a certain amount of introspection in these strange times, and there’s nothing wrong with any of the posts you’ve mentioned, but you’re right that taken together they could turn a person toward the Leonard Cohen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The South Downs are coming alive. Lambs in the fields, all the spring flowers are poking their heads out. This summer we hopefully see a return to fully normal. We're on our way.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Lenny is a bit occupied by the subject and starts a lot threads on the subject. Touting for business perhaps?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[yt]ZR2JlDnT2l8[/yt]

English springtime encapsulated in a song. Green meadows, farmers leaning on old cobbled walls, etc.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Speaking of death I realised we missed the anniversery of BG leaving us... clever man in the end, headed off before we went into the whole covid misery.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Thank you!

I’ve genuinely been thinking of a polite way to say this for a number of weeks. This is a football group. Ok, have your RIP threads but can we at least move them to a separate sub-forum?

It’s very depressing here sometimes, RIPs throughout the big board, and now people are posting who’s got what disease. I have sympathy for anyone concerned, but I don’t really think this is an appropriate forum for such matters.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Speaking of death I realised we missed the anniversery of BG leaving us... clever man in the end, headed off before we went into the whole covid misery.

Yes, I just realised that too and feel bad that we didn't mark it on here. I was convinced it was March but I now see it was 24 February when his brother informed us all that BG had passed away..

Anyway, I like to think that the marking of 12 months since BG's passing would be a celebration of his life rather than a focus on death.

Still miss his posts on here - and how he took it all but never gave it back.

BG :bowdown:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Where’s the thread about daffodils, the beautiful sunrises of late and cute lambs?

We are truly blessed.

Funkily enough I just watched a video reciting the fantastic Wordsworth poem. Truly incredible words.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here