Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bunny Wailer - RIP

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Some more sad news

One of the great reggae artists, not just with the Wailers but as a solo artist too. He had a fine voice, a fantastic complement to Bob and Peter's rougher tones.

Did anyone see him at the festival in Stanmer Park about 25 years ago? He put on a great set.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tonight I will mainly be listening to the album Blackheart Man.

starting with:
This Train

RIP Bunny

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Some more sad news

One of the great reggae artists, not just with the Wailers but as a solo artist too. He had a fine voice, a fantastic complement to Bob and Peter's rougher tones.

Did anyone see him at the festival in Stanmer Park about 25 years ago? He put on a great set.
Yes indeed. I went to all the Reggae days at the Essential Music Festivals at Stanmer Park. Very few of the Greats that performed there are still with us. I certainly remember being spellbound by Bunny Wailer's set that year.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes indeed. I went to all the Reggae days at the Essential Music Festivals at Stanmer Park. Very few of the Greats that performed there are still with us. I certainly remember being spellbound by Bunny Wailer's set that year.

Those Reggae days at Stanmer Park were my introduction to reggae. I'd never particularly liked it as a music genre, but then my idea of reggae back then was pretty much based on UB40. So (the now) Mrs P who loves reggae started taking me to those gigs and changed my mind completely.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bunny Wailer at the Brixton Academy was one of my highlights from the many roots reggae concerts I went to back in the day. I still have his lengthy interview with Rodigan on Capital radio on cassette from that visit.

I think possibly Rock and Groove is my favourite track of his. But rather than post one of his classics, and there are many!... Think I'll post what may possibly be the last recording he put out? I could be wrong there, but I particularly like the tune and showed that he still had it, even in his ripe old old.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I just had a look out of interest to see if the Rodigan interview I mentioned has appeared on YouTube. It has!.... All three parts too!

I really really recommend this because it's like listening to a reggae history book. Such a lovely piece of work, and one that I'll never part with.

This is part one. The other two parts are there in the video links. Enjoy.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I just had a look out of interest to see if the Rodigan interview I mentioned has appeared on YouTube. It has!.... All three parts too!

I really really recommend this because it's like listening to a reggae history book. Such a lovely piece of work, and one that I'll never part with.

This is part one. The other two parts are there in the video links. Enjoy.

Thanks for this - it's a good listen

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here