Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion themed coffins

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As part of our product range we offer a bespoke football themed coffin for all clubs, comprising of photos of the clients favourite 8 players/managers on the panels, then pictures of the relevant stadiums on the coffin lid.

We've looked after an array of supporters over the years, including yesterday a supporter whose choices for his respective club were quite left field, given the long standing traditions at his club.

So NSCers who would be your 8 Albion coffin pic choices?

I will kick you off with mine,

Norman Gall
Steve Piper
Gordon Smith
Micky Adams
Glenn Murray
John Byrne
John Keeley
Kerry Mayo

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not something I would want, and the fact that this is actually done surprised me greatly, but things move on.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I attended a funeral at your place the December before last. The deceased was an ex-jockey who had a horse-racing themed coffin. It was what the family chose and the rest of the occasion was exemplary in its undertaking (no pun intended), but speaking personally I found the coffin to be quite tacky and undignified.

Traditional wood would be my choice, but as I said, it was what the family wanted, which was all that counted on that sad day.

But not for me, thanks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Large potato sack for me. Waste of money and lines peoples pockets (sorry LR) but that's how I see it. Chuck my body away in the best eco way possible and my family can just have a get together somewhere to say goodbye.

Too much is made over death it's greatly overrated

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As part of our product range we offer a bespoke football themed coffin for all clubs, comprising of photos of the clients favourite 8 players/managers on the panels, then pictures of the relevant stadiums on the coffin lid.

We've looked after an array of supporters over the years, including yesterday a supporter whose choices for his respective club were quite left field, given the long standing traditions at his club.

So NSCers who would be your 8 Albion coffin pic choices?

I will kick you off with mine,

Norman Gall
Steve Piper
Gordon Smith
Micky Adams
Glenn Murray
John Byrne
John Keeley
Kerry Mayo

TOT Cocker sends his regards

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Get value for money by getting your Nan a set of these shelves to put her pics of the grandkids on.

27EF50B4-5139-408D-9B1F-432672BD4B08.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can we have some photos of an Albion themed coffin ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Large potato sack for me. Waste of money and lines peoples pockets (sorry LR) but that's how I see it. Chuck my body away in the best eco way possible and my family can just have a get together somewhere to say goodbye.

My attitude too. Told my family not to waste money on something that is going to be burnt or buried. Use the money to fund a good drink up instead.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

I've already told the missus I want to be put in the ground at Clayton Wood at the natural burial ground. Not too expensive, and helps the local wildlife.
Cardboard coffin, slap bang in the middle of the countryside I've adored exploring since childhood, & right under the shadow of the Jack & Jill windmills. Perfect.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've already told the missus I want to be put in the ground at Clayton Wood at the natural burial ground. Not too expensive, and helps the local wildlife.
Cardboard coffin, slap bang in the middle of the countryside I've adored exploring since childhood, & right under the shadow of the Jack & Jill windmills. Perfect.

This. I really can't understand why people waste money on funerals .... the coffin especially. Without doing Lenny's business down, I really find the costs offensive but of course people pay them because they feel they have to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This. I really can't understand why people waste money on funerals .... the coffin especially. Without doing Lenny's business down, I really find the costs offensive but of course people pay them because they feel they have to.

When you say “waste money on funerals” do you mean extravagant funerals? I guess most people just have a standard coffin and service with some flowers etc....I wouldn’t say this is a waste.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cremated, put into a rocket and fired off Brighton beach !

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Two different people I’ve spoken to recently opted for the no coffin, service nor commemoration of any kind option for relatives last month for exactly that reason. Not Covid related in any way. The cost was £1.5k approximately per cremation, booked online job done.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Two different people I’ve spoken to recently opted for the no coffin, service nor commemoration of any kind option for relatives last month for exactly that reason. Not Covid related in any way. The cost was £1.5k approximately per cremation, booked online job done.

This exactly. My Step dad wrote his will a few years ago and nearly had a heart attack looking at the cost of money for old rope ( and wood)

basic incineration please Bob. sling the ahses off the footbridge when the tides coming in ( and the winds not blowing in your face !)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

‘Death is greatly overrated’ :lolol: Love it. Fantastic thing to have on your headstone, or in your case Tippexed on the potato sack.

:thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
When you say “waste money on funerals” do you mean extravagant funerals? I guess most people just have a standard coffin and service with some flowers etc....I wouldn’t say this is a waste.

Given the average cost of a funeral is over £4k I'd say that was a waste of money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here