Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 02-04/03

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A strange group of fixtures that will see us have a game in hand on the likes of Fulham, Burnley, Sheff Utd and West Brom.

Tuesday 2nd March 2021
Man City v Wolves (20:00) - BT Sport

Wednesday 3rd March 2021
Burnley v Leicester City (18:00) - Sky Sports
Sheffield United v Aston Villa (18:00) - BT Sport
Crystal Palace v Man Utd (20:15) - Sky Sports

Thursday 4th March 2021
Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur (18:00) - BT Sport
West Brom v Everton (18:00) - Sky Sports
Liverpool v Chelsea (20:15) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 08.09.17.png

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Be good to keep the current points gap with awake in hand and lookikg at the fixtures its highly likely. Be good if Burnley ran Leicester ragged but go on to lose.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leicester have just started their end of season meltdown and Spurs played well to beat Burnley so they will probably revert to type and be utter shit now. As such, Burnley and Fulham will both win. :rolleyes:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm guessing these are games that have been brought forward from the weekend of 20 March due to clashing with FA Cup 6th round?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I worry about Fulham closing the gap whilst looking up and thinking “where are our next points coming from”. We are closer to Burnley than Fulham are to us :smile:

It’s irrational

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm guessing these are games that have been brought forward from the weekend of 20 March due to clashing with FA Cup 6th round?

It looks mainly that, yes, although Fulham also play that weekend too (home to Leeds), as do Spurs.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I worry about Fulham closing the gap whilst looking up and thinking “where are our next points coming from”. We are closer to Burnley than Fulham are to us :smile:

It’s irrational

I worry too, but a look at their remaining fixtures gives me a little more confidence, just a little though

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why aren't we playing?! Seems strange; an almost full set of fixtures with all teams bar a couple having played the same amount of games

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A (temporary) return to form for Leicester (with a couple of late red cards for a bonus) and Spurs avoiding defeat and I'll be reasonably happy.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why aren't we playing?! Seems strange; an almost full set of fixtures with all teams bar a couple having played the same amount of games

Many of the matches this week are the games pulled forward from the FA Cup quarter-final weekend of March 20.

The Fulham Spurs game could be due to Spurs in the League Cup final next month?

Correct.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Fulham Spurs game could be due to Spurs in the League Cup final next month?

Does look as though that is the case as Fulham don't have a game the weekend of the League Cup final. Southampton vs Man City is being played on 10th March for the same reason.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
View attachment 134415View attachment 134416

Some interesting stats regarding injury’s. Clear to see some have struggled more than others!

When you look at the players that make up those numbers many at the top are not even regulars and long term absentees.

Also the top clubs like Liverpool with their huge levels of income should be able to maintain a squad of a quality to cope with spells of injuries whilst the smaller clubs are generally more impacted by key player absence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here