Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Woodwork

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Are we top at hitting it yet ?

There must get a prize , what other reason could there be that we like to hit it so often . :shrug:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Here is the ‘hitting the woodwork’ table.
62B26C3E-4E2B-4BA4-99E3-27C7BD2577BD.jpeg
Just 3 behind West Ham.

Individually though, Trossard is joint top.
4F8A50D8-48C3-4EB6-83A7-1828AEC98F24.jpeg

We are also fourth for amount of corners taken.
5DD5C5B3-2B9A-48CB-BBE9-E369410C60F5.jpeg

And have the fifth highest number of crosses.
83FA6537-2F9B-4799-8485-941F8DCDAD80.jpeg

I’m sure we would be top of the ‘fluffed chances’ table, but the fantasy PL app hasn’t recorded that stat.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Jesus H those stats are pretty grim reading , top 6 in almost everything apart from the main bit .

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just out of interest......what are the goal frames actually made out of these days?

Are they actually made of wood? Or metal?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just out of interest......what are the goal frames actually made out of these days?

Are they actually made of wood? Or metal?

Metal. I wrote some article about the history of goal frames before World Cup 2014 and did quite a bit of research. Pretty much every club changed from wood to aliminum in the 1980s, increasingly so when square goal posts were banned in 1986 or 1987. But technically you are still allowed to have goal frames made out of wood according to FIFA, I just dont think any professional club stuck to it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Metal. I wrote some article about the history of goal frames before World Cup 2014 and did quite a bit of research. Pretty much every club changed from wood to aliminum in the 1980s, increasingly so when square goal posts were banned in 1986 or 1987. But technically you are still allowed to have goal frames made out of wood according to FIFA, I just dont think any professional club stuck to it.

Swanny, I fully realise I am opening myself up to unimaginable levels of ridicule here, but being a goal frame / goal net nerd, I would be GENUINELY fascinated to read that, if you would be so kind as to post it or provide a link?

(Provided it's in English, obvs, and not Hurdy-Gurdy.)

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Good work Swanny, I suspected as much. So, we have actually hit the metalwork 13 times this season.

Consider this post the official launch of the campaign to change "hit the woodwork" to "hit the metalwork". :thumbsup:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I'd like to see a change to rubber goal frames, with HILARIOUS results.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Swanny, I fully realise I am opening myself up to unimaginable levels of ridicule here, but being a goal frame / goal net nerd, I would be GENUINELY fascinated to read that, if you would be so kind as to post it or provide a link?

(Provided it's in English, obvs, and not Hurdy-Gurdy.)

It was in hurdy gurdy and more importantly it seems to be gone from the intrawebz : (

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Whatever it's made of we certainly know where it is .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here