Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Lego Top Gun recreation.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I suspect it's just me, but my first thought on watching the trailer was "Why?"...

It's very impressive, "months of work", but...why?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I suspect it's just me, but my first thought on watching the trailer was "Why?"...

That's what lockdown does to people !

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
To be fair, I think I'd rather watch a full length version of that instead of the actual upcoming movie.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

people do this sort of stuff all the time, instead of arguing over strikers performance in a 0-1 loss 3 days before. :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Men do this sort of stuff all the time...

Edited for (probable) accuracy.

I take your point though.

Edit: Though one of my female cousins (a 50-something hospital consultant) does build large lego models. However, I would guess she has an abnormally high testosterone level for a woman. I'll stop now, while I still have the semblance of hope I might be able to climb out of this increasingly deep hole I seem to have dug.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
That's fantastic!!
The plane scenes have a real punch to them.
I love the roof lifting off at the low fly pass.
It gave me goosebumps at the end for some reason.
Well done to the creator,very good job indeed.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I met an amazing guy pre lockdown in the US, who combatted his anxiety issues by every Friday after work going to the Toy Store and buying a huge Lego kit, which he made over the course of the weekend, then after work on the Monday he went and donated the kit to the local children’s hospital.

In the course of 9 months his anxiety issues all but disappeared with his new calmer outlook brought on by his interest in Lego. 👍

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I met an amazing guy pre lockdown in the US, who combatted his anxiety issues by every Friday after work going to the Toy Store and buying a huge Lego kit, which he made over the course of the weekend, then after work on the Monday he went and donated the kit to the local children’s hospital.

In the course of 9 months his anxiety issues all but disappeared with his new calmer outlook brought on by his interest in Lego. 👍

Excellent stuff :thumbsup: indeed

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

25k subscribers and counting. 50k views in 5 days. Probably will start making some money out of it as people share it across internet forums.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good excuse to post the classic Death Star Canteen :lol:

That's quality

Top Gun is ****.

Lego has always been a fantastic creative toy, sadly hijacked by marketing/franchise men . . . . star was stuff is pretty good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here