Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] From the book of terrible excuses

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm not veggie or vegan but I do know that Horse Racing is a business that exploits on many levels and really isn't relevant in 2021.

I don't disagree with you, but isn't it a tad hypocritical for a meat eater to be outraged by this particular incident?

I'm not defending the incident, or horse racing for that matter by the way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't disagree with you, but isn't it a tad hypocritical for a meat eater to be outraged by this particular incident?

I'm not " Outraged" by what had happened. It's pretty poor PR for their business model though. My objection is to the whole Industry that exploits people and horses in many ways

Jul 7, 2003
It’s a rare Grand National that doesn’t end up with a dead horse or two on the course.

Try checking your facts before posting rubbish like this. Since 2012 there has only been one fatality in the Grand National which was a horse that was brought down (i.e. fell over another horse) and landed awkwardly

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I respect all vegetarians and vegans. Not one myself.

I’m pleased that the vast majority of omnivores in places like the UK are humane to animals, as far as they/I can be, whilst remaining a meat eater. I see it as a strength.

Yes, deep-down those with a soul know that abattoirs are hell holes, pain is suffered, but put it to the back of our minds.

What’s the alternative when the vast majority of us will still eat meat, within our control? The alternative are the places in the world where consumers have no interest in pet or wildlife care, animals are kept in tiny containers, sports involve hurting animals for a jolly good laugh.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Try checking your facts before posting rubbish like this. Since 2012 there has only been one fatality in the Grand National which was a horse that was brought down (i.e. fell over another horse) and landed awkwardly

Try reading the whole thread before posting rubbish like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here