Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sarkozy jailed.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
If short pants gets two years bird, imagine what a former leader would get for starting an illegal war, has 100s of thousands deaths on their conscience and has totally destabilised the Middle East?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, you're quite right - George Bush might have been under huge domestic pressure but he shouldn't have started that adventure and persuaded the UK, Australia, Poland and other countries to join in. They were free and sovereign nations so they could have said no. I suppose it underlines the temptations of blindly following the Leaders of the Free World. There must be a better way

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If short pants gets two years bird, imagine what a former leader would get for starting an illegal war, has 100s of thousands deaths on their conscience and has totally destabilised the Middle East?

Is that the which Blair project?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Sarkozy and his legal team were caught on tape trying to bribe a magistrate, in return for information on a case.

Pure criminality.

That's the storyline for Season 9 of Spiral nicely sorted....

images (1).jpeg

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Yes Huhne is easy, not the establishment and the press were on to him. The other two are more interesting both were very close to power at one point so did they offend someone further up the greasy pole? Guess we'll never know. Prison sentences were also pretty light.

Good points though they did all go to jail even if its was in more honest times.

The Huhne affair got very messy with his ex plus a high court judge ending up in jail as well. Vicky Pryce attempting to get back at her cheating ex seriously backfired. She eventually ended up with former MP Denis McShane who had also spent time at one of HMP's for fiddling his expenses. Run a mile from Ms Pryce is clearly the smart thing to do.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Yes, you're quite right - George Bush might have been under huge domestic pressure but he shouldn't have started that adventure and persuaded the UK, Australia, Poland and other countries to join in. They were free and sovereign nations so they could have said no. I suppose it underlines the temptations of blindly following the Leaders of the Free World. There must be a better way

Exactly, and also, do you remember Princess Tone and the piss stained old soak Cambell telling us all we had 45 minutes to live? Surely they’ll all get their collars felt one day?...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here