Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Selling old shirts

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Which do you have? Sizes? Conditions?

They'll sell on eBay but the fees will add up. Could do it on here in an auction format and save a % for charity instead of lining eBay's pockets?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Either it's a massive coincidence that almost all the shirts on sale are XXL, or there's quite a jolly fellow having a clear out of old shirts.

They're Errea shirts (sized for Italian men), so XXL = XL (at most) and therefore quite common, I'd guess.

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I’m being hassled to have a clear out, and my old Albion shirts from the 90s are in Mrs Nobo’s crosshairs, so to speak.
Does anyone know if there’s much of a market for them ?

There's definitely a market for them. I've been buying up Albion shirts missing from my collection since lockdown (the £400 I save a month on no train fare for my commute has given me a handy pot of funds for old replica shirts).

Personally speaking if they're in good condition and a wearable size (Medium to XL depending on the fit of the era and manufacturer) I've been paying anything from £60 up to £250 (British Caledonian home shirt and TSB Chewits wrapper shirt coming in at the top end of the scale)

What shirts are you looking to move on?

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
I have a white Skint Palace 0 Albion 1 shirt I never wear. What’s it worth?

Hope the OP isn’t too pissed off with the thread hijack :smile:

I recently got my hands on one of these on eBay. Paid £99 for one with McShane's name and number, sleeve patches and signed by the man himself. Think I got a good deal on this one though, seen them listed for much more. Key with these shirts is the condition of the sponsor, as they're terrible for cracking and peeling.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Which do you have? Sizes? Conditions?

They'll sell on eBay but the fees will add up. Could do it on here in an auction format and save a % for charity instead of lining eBay's pockets?

Not a bad shout, I’ll have a ponder. Am not adverse to that in theory. I do have a chewitts in very good condition, although I’m wary of going into too much detail as I know this is not a forum for buying and selling, and that wasn’t the intention of my op

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I have hanging up at home, Gary Hart's centenary shirt signed by the whole promotion winning squad. No idea what it's worth and I wouldn't really want to sell it but if the right offer came along then I'd consider it. Everything has its price.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There's been huge interest in old Albion shirts in the years since we moved to the Amex, and especially since we were promoted to the PL. The early Skint shirts are very popular all over the world I've found, and anything from the Goldstone years is growing in value. the Chewits wrapper shirt should make comfortably three figures so long as it's adult size and in decent condition. Go back to the adidas shirts and one of them will fund you a your holiday flights.

Any of the limited edition ones from Withdean also do very well, the "Thank You Skint" one is particularly hard to find, the Palookaville one always seems to make £50+ on eBay.

FWIW, the only home shirt missing in my collection is the 84/85, rare as anything, never made as a replica, and then there are 3 or 4 away shirts missing, all form the adidas era, non of which were ever made as replicas.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
My Daughter is looking to sell (what looks like) a 2009/10 autographed home shirt she won in a raffle. Is it a common one?

It has been framed but not professionally.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
My Daughter is looking to sell (what looks like) a 2009/10 autographed home shirt she won in a raffle. Is it a common one?

It has been framed but not professionally.

Wasn't the most popular Brighton shirt as is signified the first shirt not sponsored by Skint, or the first shirt sponsored by IT 1st, whichever what you prefer look at it. Your best bet with that shirt is to list it on eBay, starting price being your lowest acceptable price and see how it goes. take lots of good photos and give it a good description. You could also list it on the FB page "Buy & sell your official unwanted BHAFC merchandise".

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Wasn't the most popular Brighton shirt as is signified the first shirt not sponsored by Skint, or the first shirt sponsored by IT 1st, whichever what you prefer look at it. Your best bet with that shirt is to list it on eBay, starting price being your lowest acceptable price and see how it goes. take lots of good photos and give it a good description. You could also list it on the FB page "Buy & sell your official unwanted BHAFC merchandise".

I have about 30 shirts home and away i would like to sell , most are xl or xxl but i have put a lot of weight on (pre lockdown) so would like to buy some new ones that fit ! . All have been hand washed never machine and most have players names and numbers in perfect condition . What is the FB page ? .

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone remember the framed shirt they had in men’s toilet in The Sussex Pad when it was a pub? A Maradona Argentina shirt? Can’t remember if it was signed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here