Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2nd penalty

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On the basis Gross has taken very good penalties this season and everyone is entitled to miss one. I was surprised he didnt take 2nd . Did he not want to know or did Welbeck push himself forward

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think perhaps he was considered (by himself? GP? teammates? hard to tell) the player with the most experience from high pressure situations and that he would be the most cool-headed player on the pitch.

Not surprised Pascal didnt take the second, quite unusual to take the second penalty if you missed the first one.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Think perhaps he was considered (by himself? GP? teammates? hard to tell) the player with the most experience from high pressure situations and that he would be the most cool-headed player on the pitch.

Not surprised Pascal didnt take the second, quite unusual to take the second penalty if you missed the first one.

Your thoughts on Surströmming while we’re here please, Swanny. Ever eaten it?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
On the basis Gross has taken very good penalties this season and everyone is entitled to miss one. I was surprised he didnt take 2nd . Did he not want to know or did Welbeck push himself forward

If he’s your taker let him go again, very rare a player will miss twice. More likely a taker not usually taking them feels a bit more pressure. I thought the same as you, I’d have preferred the German to have made amends.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I felt Welbeck should have done better with the rebound. probably should have headed it. he was slow on the uptake.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Your thoughts on Surströmming while we’re here please, Swanny. Ever eaten it?

I had a teacher who had a yearly "surströmming challenge" where he was trying to make us eat it... some were brave and did, personally as someone who eats fish pretty much never, I kept a distance of about 30 meters and still felt the stench.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It looked like Bissouma wanted to take it but Welbeck took charge. The both of them were chatting prior to the ball being put on the spot.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I felt Welbeck should have done better with the rebound. probably should have headed it. he was slow on the uptake.

A player who takes a penalty isn't allowed to touch the ball again until another player has touched it. Had the keeper saved or tipped it onto the post then Welbeck could have played it.

I had to laugh at the commentator though suggesting the ref blew his whistle because Welbeck was in an offside position when he touched the rebound.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
A player who takes a penalty isn't allowed to touch the ball again until another player has touched it. Had the keeper saved or tipped it onto the post then Wellbeck could have played it.

I had to laugh at the commentator suggesting the ref blew his whistle because Wellback was in an offside position when he touched the rebound.

I joked to my brother than Welbz had been done for diving, trying to win another one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The three most experienced penalty takers on the pitch were Maupay (11 goals 2 missed), Gross (10 goals 3 missed) and Trossard (8 goals 2 missed)... all of which who had probably had some pretty ****ing dark thoughts walking up to that penalty spot. Welbeck or Lallana were probably the best options aside of those three, with their experience. And imo Welbecks penalty was better than Gross. Hitting the post or having the goalie save it is one thing but I'm allergic to hitting the bar or putting it over it.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
A player who takes a penalty isn't allowed to touch the ball again until another player has touched it. Had the keeper saved or tipped it onto the post then Welbeck could have played it.

I had to laugh at the commentator though suggesting the ref blew his whistle because Welbeck was in an offside position when he touched the rebound.

Yes. I forgot that crucial rule.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The three most experienced penalty takers on the pitch were Maupay (11 goals 2 missed), Gross (10 goals 3 missed) and Trossard (8 goals 2 missed)... all of which who had probably had some pretty ****ing dark thoughts walking up to that penalty spot. Welbeck or Lallana were probably the best options aside of those three, with their experience. And imo Welbecks penalty was better than Gross. Hitting the post or having the goalie save it is one thing but I'm allergic to hitting the bar or putting it over it.

Depends on the save, Trossard’s at Newport was one of the worst I’ve seen.

Post and in are the best pens..... I think that was what Welbeck was going for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here