Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FINAL 12 GAMES - How do you think we will do?

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
I think we’ll muster 260 shots, so whats that, about 4 goals left to score before the season is done. If we’re enormously lucky we’ll get four 1 nil wins so 12 points max. But realistically I think we’ll get four more draws. So four more points. Meaning we’re almost certain to be relegated. Btw, this isn’t being negative, it’s just applying the empirical evidence of our season to date. I also predict Brighton will be the 1st ever team to have a win reversed the following day. Plus a ref to be abducted by Aliens whilst we hold a 2 goal lead in the 89th min, causing the match to be abandoned. Obviously we lose the replay. Anyone who thinks these scenarios are just ridiculous clearly hasn’t been following this club 40+ years so shut your face... :)

The empirical evidence from the season so far is we average about a point a game. The empirical evidence from your posts is that you cannot do maths or spell. Thicko

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Seriously, don’t know, the way things are panning out possibly zero

After the previous two results it's hard to imagine where any points will come from. But then our season has been so utterly bizarre, and before the last 2 we went 6 unbeaten, barely conceding chances against some of the top sides let alone goals, so who knows.
Could go either way. Probably somewhere down the middle with a continuation of some unexpected points and some unbelievably frustrating results - hopefully it'll be enough to see us over the line.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
After the previous two results it's hard to imagine where any points will come from. But then our season has been so utterly bizarre, and before the last 2 we went 6 unbeaten, barely conceding chances against some of the top sides let alone goals, so who knows.
Could go either way. Probably somewhere down the middle with a continuation of some unexpected points and some unbelievably frustrating results - hopefully it'll be enough to see us over the line.

Our poor runs haven’t lasted that long before a win comes along, and generally we pick up draws as we go.

2021 is 13 pts from 10 games.

Last 6 games is 8 points.

Performances have actually been very consistent. Our point collecting has been very consistent. Think we’ll hit 1ppg as a bare minimum.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would like to see us win a 6 pointer at some point.
Only really got Newcastle at home in that category, hopefully we can do them at home for a change.

Interestingly of thefinal 12 games Fulham and ourselves have 7 identical match ups and 1 game where the team is the same but venue differs.
So if we can match results in those games then the games where Fulham need to get 4 pt are

Spuds H
Liverpool A
Villa A
Burnley H

Over our matches of:
Leicester H
United A
Everton H
West Ham H

Too close to call IMO

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
We were mostly resigned to probable failure this season after mainly indifferent results up to Christmas, obviously we all hoped this would change but if we are all honest this was how things were. Then along comes Wolves and the subsequent great results we had our hopes increased up to the point that there were some on here even suggesting how boring the end of this season is becoming with relegation places decided by January and the league won by the same time ? Remember ' looking up rather than down ? How high can we finish ? Etc etc ? We do this time and time again on here ! When will we ever learn ? To be honest I, convinced by consensus, fell into this same trap, what a mug I was to feel so complacent ! Now we have had two really poor results (not performances) and we have virtually undone all the great work achieved by our great run after Christmas. Only following the Albion can induce this level of deflation, or is it ? I'm positive our counterparts at Fulham are where we were at just two games ago, it's the hope that kills and there has never been a more apt expression penned. Sorry for this rambling post but this past week has really drained me, an unexpected win or two will reverse this, as will a couple of defeats enhance it.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I'm in the haven't a clue camp, playing well generally getting very little. We could win a couple, draw a couple or lose them all! Edge of seat season yet again................

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Vs Leicester A - 1 point
Vs Southampton A - 3 points
Vs Newcastle H - 1 point
Vs Man Utd A - 1 point
Vs Everton H - 0 points
Vs Chelsea A - 0 points
Vs Sheff Utd A - 3 points
Vs Leeds H - 0 points
Vs Wolves A - 1 point
Vs West Ham H - 1 points
Vs Arsenal A - 3 points
Vs Man City H - 0 points

40 points in total & survival.

Some of these results make absolutely no sense. You’re probably spot on, though. :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Leicester 0 points
Southampton 1 point
Newcastle 3 points
Man United 0 points
Everton 0 points
Chelsea 0 points
Sheff United 1 point
Leeds 3 points
Wolves 1 point
West Ham 1 point
Man City 0 points
Arsenal 0 points

10 points

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Leicester - lose
Southampton - draw
Newcastle - WIN
Man United - lose
Everton - draw
Chelsea - lose
Sheff United - draw
Leeds - WIN
Wolves - draw
West Ham - WIN
Man City - lose
Arsenal - lose

13 more points = 39 total = safe

And I just hope that we are 100% mathematically safe after the West Ham match so I'm not nervously looking at Fulham and/or Newcastle matches.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I predict with complete confidence

We will win difficult matches and drop points against weaker teams
Fulham will win difficult matches and drop points against weaker teams
Newcastle will win difficult matches and drop points against weaker teams
Another team will go on a run, for either good or ill and put their hat into the ring

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think our decent defence will keep us up, enough draws and a couple of wins.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I can't help but feel we have a few shock upsets that we'll pull off coupled with some hideous draws to get us over the line by a gnat's crotchet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here