Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FINAL 12 GAMES - How do you think we will do?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This thread is far too negative.

Leicester 3 points
Southampton 3 points
Newcastle 3 points
Man United 1 point
Everton 3 points
Chelsea 1 point
Sheff United 3 points
Leeds 3 points
Wolves 1 point
West Ham 1 point
Man City 0 points
Arsenal 3 points

25 points. Come on!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Past 3 seasons:

17/18: 13 points - W3, D4, L5 (27-40) (wins v Swansea, Arsenal, Man Utd)
18/19: 9 points W2, D3, L7 (26-35) (wins v Palace, Hudds)
19/20: 14 points W3, D5, L4 (27-41) (wins v Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley)

Run in/9 of top 12: Leic, Saints, Newc, Man U, Everton, Chel, Sheff U, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, MCity, Arsenal.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We were mostly resigned to probable failure this season after mainly indifferent results up to Christmas, obviously we all hoped this would change but if we are all honest this was how things were. Then along comes Wolves and the subsequent great results we had our hopes increased up to the point that there were some on here even suggesting how boring the end of this season is becoming with relegation places decided by January and the league won by the same time ? Remember ' looking up rather than down ? How high can we finish ? Etc etc ? We do this time and time again on here ! When will we ever learn ? To be honest I, convinced by consensus, fell into this same trap, what a mug I was to feel so complacent ! Now we have had two really poor results (not performances) and we have virtually undone all the great work achieved by our great run after Christmas. Only following the Albion can induce this level of deflation, or is it ? I'm positive our counterparts at Fulham are where we were at just two games ago, it's the hope that kills and there has never been a more apt expression penned. Sorry for this rambling post but this past week has really drained me, an unexpected win or two will reverse this, as will a couple of defeats enhance it.

Spot on

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
We were mostly resigned to probable failure this season after mainly indifferent results up to Christmas, obviously we all hoped this would change but if we are all honest this was how things were. Then along comes Wolves and the subsequent great results we had our hopes increased up to the point that there were some on here even suggesting how boring the end of this season is becoming with relegation places decided by January and the league won by the same time ? Remember ' looking up rather than down ? How high can we finish ? Etc etc ? We do this time and time again on here ! When will we ever learn ? To be honest I, convinced by consensus, fell into this same trap, what a mug I was to feel so complacent ! Now we have had two really poor results (not performances) and we have virtually undone all the great work achieved by our great run after Christmas. Only following the Albion can induce this level of deflation, or is it ? I'm positive our counterparts at Fulham are where we were at just two games ago, it's the hope that kills and there has never been a more apt expression penned. Sorry for this rambling post but this past week has really drained me, an unexpected win or two will reverse this, as will a couple of defeats enhance it.

Great post and absolutely where I am. I’m really struggling to get the last two results out of my mind. I know there a lot of things going in the world right now but it’s really niggling me.

I just keep dwelling on why we didn’t just see the game out for a point v palace and convert the penalties/ other chances v WBA for a win. 30 points, above Burnley and Southampton and 7 points clear of Fulham. In keep torturing myself with what might have been and it’s driving me mad.

Someone write something to help me!!!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Great post and absolutely where I am. I’m really struggling to get the last two results out of my mind. I know there a lot of things going in the world right now but it’s really niggling me.

I just keep dwelling on why we didn’t just see the game out for a point v palace and convert the penalties/ other chances v WBA for a win. 30 points, above Burnley and Southampton and 7 points clear of Fulham. In keep torturing myself with what might have been and it’s driving me mad.

You aren't the only one who is thinking like that :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Basically mate, If I had a dog, the RSPCA would have had me up in court over my treatment of it over the last 2 matches.

I've been a utter moody **** around the house and my mrs is starting to get a bit fed up of it

I'm having trouble to explain to her why the levels of exasperation of the last 2 matches are above and beyond anything which you would normally experience in football. (when we met, I actually remember saying to her , I go and watch football yeh, but I don't get too hung up about the result).

Part of it, is there's a normal mourning process after a traumatic game, involving drinking 5 pints and having a bit of gallows humour with your mates. Having to go off and be a good husband and father 2 minutes after the final whistle has proved beyond me recently

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Basically mate, If I had a dog, the RSPCA would have had me up in court over my treatment of it over the last 2 matches.

I've been a utter moody **** around the house and my mrs is starting to get a bit fed up of it

I'm having trouble to explain to her why the levels of exasperation of the last 2 matches are above and beyond anything which you would normally experience in football. (when we met, I actually remember saying to her , I go and watch football yeh, but I don't get too hung up about the result).

Part of it, is there's a normal mourning process after a traumatic game, involving drinking 5 pints and having a bit of gallows humour with your mates. Having to go off and be a good husband and father 2 minutes after the final whistle has proved beyond me recently

This is exactly where I am. My wife so far has been fairly patient even when I dragged her through to watch the match of the day reruns of the disallowed goal.

I was very hungover on Saturday and very tired and given the shock of losing that way against Palace I literally couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I know fans joke oh it’s how Brighton do it but watching is miss TWO penalties and a host of other chances I was lying there on the couch thinking it was some kind of actual nightmare, like, this isn’t real and I will wake up in a minute.

I have watched every live league and cup game since the last lockdown started, not missed a minute. I’m not watching the Leicester game this weekend. It’s actually ruining my weekends too much. I plan on returning for the Southampton game but I need a break!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
10 points I think. 2 Wins and 4 draws. Will take us to safety I'd imagine just.

It will. And in very match this year, we’ve looked like grabbing at least a draw. In fact, 2 wins from 12 games then 4 draws from 10 seems like the worst seems remarkably doable. It means that we’re going to lose 6 games (3 of which will obviously be to Chelsea, Man City & Man Utd). I can see us only losing 4 if we’re not hit by the horrendous bad luck of late.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I must admit that following the last 2 games I have now given up on taking comfort from opposition sides missing players due to injury and suspension.

Palace were "down to the bare bones" and without Zaha. West Brom's centre back was serving a red card ban and now Leicester look likely to be without Barnes and Maddison but we rarely take advantage of the situation.

However, I have started to dream of a late scrabbled own goal winner against Schmeichel (who might pick up an injury midweek at Burnley ) doh :facepalm:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think our entire season may rest on how the next 3 games go .
Leicester have a lot injuries and play at Burnley on Weds . 3pts very doable , at worst 1pt .
Stains (A) possible 3pts should get at least 1pt with their current form .
Newcastle 3pts .
Of course anything is possible , but the players must be fuming so i see a response as they say - 5pts at least , but i`ll have a few quid on 9 .
Man Utd (A) 0pt
Everton 1pt
Chelsea (A) 0pt
Sheff Utd (A) 3pts they will wont want to get a serious injury ahead of the pre-season , especially players eyeing a new club .
Leeds 3pts their style doesn`t cope with how teams like us play , at least that`s what we`ve seen so far .
Wolves (A) 1pt we always do well against them .
West Ham 1pt if we have a good day , they are playing well.
Man City 0pt
Arsenal (A) 0pt unless we need just a point to stay up .

I think we will take another 13 pts at worst 18 with a fair wind , we have got Lamptey Webster and Andone to come back .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think our entire season may rest on how the next 3 games go .
Leicester have a lot injuries and play at Burnley on Weds . 3pts very doable , at worst 1pt .
Stains (A) possible 3pts should get at least 1pt with their current form .
Newcastle 3pts .
Of course anything is possible , but the players must be fuming so i see a response as they say - 5pts at least , but i`ll have a few quid on 9 .
Man Utd (A) 0pt
Everton 1pt
Chelsea (A) 0pt
Sheff Utd (A) 3pts they will wont want to get a serious injury ahead of the pre-season , especially players eyeing a new club .
Leeds 3pts their style doesn`t cope with how teams like us play , at least that`s what we`ve seen so far .
Wolves (A) 1pt we always do well against them .
West Ham 1pt if we have a good day , they are playing well.
Man City 0pt
Arsenal (A) 0pt unless we need just a point to stay up .

I think we will take another 13 pts at worst 18 with a fair wind , we have got Lamptey Webster and Andone to come back .

Nine Points from the next three games. 35 points - pretty much safe!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I want to see 4 wins 4 draws. That should take us to 42 points. I see Graham Potter has said he doesnt care about xG but what he gets at the end of the game. At least he is talking sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here