Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FINAL 12 GAMES - How do you think we will do?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
With just 12 to play I would put the games into these brackets -

Won't get any points- Chelsea (A) Man City (H)

Unlikely to get any points but might sneak a point - Leicester (H) , Man United (A) Arsenal (A) Wolves (A)

Should get a point , might even win - Southampton (A) Newcastle (H) Everton (H) Sheff United (A) Leeds (H) West Ham (H)

I will say W - 3 D - 3 L - 6 = 12 points taking us to a total of 38 points and just safe

Do you agree ?

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Isn't there 12 games to go or has the home game against Newcastle been cancelled or something?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I reckon we'll end up with a little under a point a game for the season, so I expect 11 more points to take us to 37pts which I think will be sufficient.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
With just 11 to play I would put the games into these brackets -

Unlikely to get any points but might sneak a point - Leicester (H) , Man United (A) Arsenal (A) Wolves (A)

Should get a point , might even win - Southampton (A) Everton (H) Sheff United (A) Leeds (H) West Ham (H)

I will say W - 3 D - 3 L - 5 = 12 points taking us to a total of 38 points and just safe

Do you agree ?

Apart from Citeh in their current form, it's possible we could pick up a point/s anywhere assuming we remember where the goal is ... no idea on final points tally but think we will be safe.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
4 points from Wolves, Southampton and Sheff U

5 points from the other games listed

= 35 points,

fortunately we've got Newcastle as well and we'll win that 5-0, piece of piss

38 points

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
12 games to go. Three wins and three draws will do it. Home game v Newcastle, away at Southampton and Sheffield United will be massive games. Nothing easy though. Think that 37 will probably be enough. We need a win ASAP to take the pressure off a bit.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Should get a point , might even win - Southampton (A) Newcastle (H) Everton (H) Sheff United (A) Leeds (H) West Ham (H)

I will say W - 3 D - 3 L - 5 = 12 points taking us to a total of 38 points and just safe

Do you agree ?

Some of our best performances have been against the top clubs. I actually would say the Leicester, Chelsea, Man U & City, Arsenal and wolves games are ones we are likely to get a couple of wins and draws.

4 wins, 4 draws, 4 defeats for me. 16 points, 42 pts.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I reckon we'll end up with a little under a point a game for the season, so I expect 11 more points to take us to 37pts which I think will be sufficient.

I think the same with Burnley and Newcastle also on 37. We'd be safe on that with the best goal difference of the three and Fulham below us. In the unlikely event of Fulham escaping, Burnley to be relegated on goal difference.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think we’ll muster 260 shots, so whats that, about 4 goals left to score before the season is done. If we’re enormously lucky we’ll get four 1 nil wins so 12 points max. But realistically I think we’ll get four more draws. So four more points. Meaning we’re almost certain to be relegated. Btw, this isn’t being negative, it’s just applying the empirical evidence of our season to date. I also predict Brighton will be the 1st ever team to have a win reversed the following day. Plus a ref to be abducted by Aliens whilst we hold a 2 goal lead in the 89th min, causing the match to be abandoned. Obviously we lose the replay. Anyone who thinks these scenarios are just ridiculous clearly hasn’t been following this club 40+ years so shut your face... :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Already predicted on another thread, who would of thought we'd be doing all this after we'd left Anfield with 3 points a few weeks ago!??

Er, anyone who’s supported this club more than 5 mins?!! :)

Very tricky to get wins against Everton and West Ham in current form. We need 3 wins and the games are Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton and Sheffield. Can see us doing our usual loads of draws and it going to the last 2 weekends

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

I will say W - 3 D - 3 L - 6 = 12 points taking us to a total of 38 points and just safe

Do you agree ?

In all seriousness rather than look at this through the opponents we’re playing, instead apply 4 more goals scored (which is about right for 11 remaining games) to whichever games do you think they’ll occur in and then whether we’ll get any points from consequently? Ie if the opponents score 2 against us, it’ll mean certain defeat. Remember, you’ve only got four goals to play with and the very very best can hope for is 4 four 1 nil wins. Basically if you believe that’s possible, who can we score a goal against AND keep a clean sheet? Because that’s almost certain the very best we can now hope for with 11 games to go. We have proved this beyond all doubt so don’t go dreaming of scoring 2 or three goals in a single game. That’s called fantasy football. Nope, you’ve got four goals to play with realistically over these 11 remaining games so pick them wisely and truthfully for where you think we might pick up points from?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In all seriousness rather than look at this through the opponents we’re playing, instead apply 4 more goals scored (which is about right for 11 remaining games) to whichever games do you think they’ll occur in and then whether we’ll get any points from consequently? Ie if the opponents score 2 against us, it’ll mean certain defeat. Remember, you’ve only got four goals to play with and the very very best can hope for is 4 four 1 nil wins. Basically if you believe that’s possible, who can we score a goal against AND keep a clean sheet? Because that’s almost certain the very best we can now hope for with 11 games to go. We have proved this beyond all doubt so don’t go dreaming of scoring 2 or three goals in a single game. That’s called fantasy football. Nope, you’ve got four goals to play with realistically over these 11 remaining games so pick them wisely and truthfully for where you think we might pick up points from?

Why only four? We've scored 26 in 26 games - so we have 12 to play with surely?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We have more chance of beating Man City/ Man U/ Leicester than we do Sheff U the way we play.

I think we just need to shoot a bit more and we will be fine.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

We have scored 1 goal per game at 1 point per game, so by your own logic we should score 12 more goals for 12 more points for a total of 38.

Even just in 2021, we’ve scored 8 goals in 10 games for 13 points. So we might expect 10 goals, 15 pts and hitting the 40point mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here