Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lee Mason injured and steps down as 4th official for Sheffield Utd v Liverpool

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Given that the most physically demanding thing a fourth official does is hold up the injury time board, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Should step down entirely from Premier League games. People saying "we all make mistakes" are forgetting countless other poor decisions this man has made this season.

Most notably the Soucek sending off recently.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He was noticeably limping during the second half yesterday.

Didnt notice that, might actually be true then. Maybe Billy had a visit in the ref dressing room at half time... or perhaps more likely the ref felt a bit embarrassed and perhaps want a bit of a break. Or he's just injured.

Given that the most physically demanding thing a fourth official does is hold up the injury time board, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are also the backup ref if the head ref gets sick/injured, so they need to be fit.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s lying.

Instead, Mason’s out for a celebratory meal with the Allardyce’s.

FC6CA869-A7A3-446A-A338-D6C241CEB822.jpeg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm calling bullshit. The guy has either asked to be accused or has been told to take a break. Either way, the lack of accountability for these idiots and their game ruining decisions needs to be looked at.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I hate the way referees are protected, the blazers have absolutley no balls whatsoever.
Lee Mason should be flogged.

He should be ducked in Falmer pond, in front of a non-partisan audience of NSC members. This is how we used to treat witches. If they drowned, it proved they were a witch, and if they didn't drown, it proved that further ducking was required. Sounds fair to me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just been listening to the 5 live commentary of the Spurs game whilst doing some household chores. Every time there's a free kick the incident yesterday comes up on commentary. Mason has lost the respect of the footballing world and I suggest his "injury" will last a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here