The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Good morning

I have the day off with nothing to do so I’ve just spent the last couple of hours walking on the treadmill watching this

The weather’s not so good here today but my mood has been lifted no end from watching the film and I whole heartedly recommend it to everyone

Congratulations on your writing of this

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Poor old Crocks.....doing about as well as Bromley did in the film!
[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] you ever turned out for the Faversham Strike Force Seniors??

We actually had to give the ground a lick of paint to make it look better!!

The fellas at Crockenhil were amazing. Having an enormous film crew descend on you for three weeks is no fun I can assure you.

Loads more info here for anyone who's interested.

https://youtu.be/zpeskDZ1Mps

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Good morning

I have the day off with nothing to do so I’ve just spent the last couple of hours walking on the treadmill watching this

The weather’s not so good here today but my mood has been lifted no end from watching the film and I whole heartedly recommend it to everyone

Congratulations on your writing of this

That's very kind. Cheers mate.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Watched it last night. Very enjoyable nice little story. Good family light fun and although the subject matter is football it's not really about football so non football fans would enjoy I would think.

Very well acted and having watched a lot of non league football at that level the characters were very relatable. Think every club at that level has a young lad who gets far too excited by that standard of football and is probably considered weird by people his own age. A chairman of the supporters club type who takes his role VERY seriously, the cool one who compared to his peers is cool but really just a football nerd like the others and a downright oddball.

[MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] a couple of questions if I may.

Firstly where was the fictional Hayes Lane in the film?

Secondly are there houses specifically available for period films/programs that are used just for only that purpose in the industry or do people live in these places? The chairman's house I've seen used recently in End of the Fun**in World and I thought at the time I'd seen it before so probably something else as well.

Finally, not really a question just a kudos for having Brighton top of the third division on the league ladders on his wall.

The ground was Crockenhill FC as mentioned.

Yeah - there are websites where people make their houses avaiable for filming. Can be quite lucrative if the right production comes along.

Re League Ladders - Yep, I was on set the day they shot the League Ladders close ups, so I snuck on and put the Albion top. Childish really!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Poor old Crocks.....doing about as well as Bromley did in the film!
[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] you ever turned out for the Faversham Strike Force Seniors??

Mate, not with my knee. The last time I tried a bit of footy was 15 years ago, and it left me barely able to walk for the following 3 months :facepalm: :lolol:

Faversham-FC-logo.jpeg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I watched it when it came up on Sky Movies and watched again yesterday. Thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable.

Sometimes I want to watch 'There Will Be Blood' and sometimes I want to watch 'Son Of Rambow'. :)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We actually had to give the ground a lick of paint to make it look better!!

The fellas at Crockenhil were amazing. Having an enormous film crew descend on you for three weeks is no fun I can assure you.

Loads more info here for anyone who's interested.

https://youtu.be/zpeskDZ1Mps

Seeing TJ in that clip has brought back memories of having to listen to him banging on about Palace for hours in the pub....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I rarely watch films, but thought I'd give this one a go, seeing as it's from one of our own.

Blooming brilliant!

Loved every minute of it! A real feel good film if ever there was one.

Fantastic work Gripper. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Marvellous scenes! :lol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

BBJ

Aug 9, 2023
Cheers mate. Yeah, I have a thorough 35 year grounding in watching rubbish football.

The book is lovely. I just added Ruby and all the University nonsense!
Just watched the film and found so many things I forgotten about that time also in Sussex (Vauxhall Opel & County league)football where I played and the people that were involved in the clubs and how dedicated they all were in different ways.
I will read the book now and great work with the film.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If anyone needs cheering up after yesterday’s result, this film is well worth watching.
Lee mason was appalling and I want him banned. Missing 2 pens really hurt too. Not happy here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here