Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Bromley Boys - Amazon Prime

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Well worth watching but unfortunately for them they'll not experience Gripper's Q&A afterwards.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m looking forward to this. Thank you.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I watched (and enjoyed) that without realising you were the genius behind it!

Good work fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
This is a really nice film, well worth a watch

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nicely done.

Watched as a family last night, and enjoyed - amusing, gentle and nostalgic.

My elder lad remarked that those responsible 'got' non-league football, and also 'imagine how shit it would have turned out if an American had got hold of that book'.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Nicely done.

Watched as a family last night, and enjoyed - amusing, gentle and nostalgic.

My elder lad remarked that those responsible 'got' non-league football, and also 'imagine how shit it would have turned out if an American had got hold of that book'.

Cheers mate. Yeah, I have a thorough 35 year grounding in watching rubbish football.

The book is lovely. I just added Ruby and all the University nonsense!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I loved the book......I shall give this a go.

Watched it last night. Very enjoyable nice little story. Good family light fun and although the subject matter is football it's not really about football so non football fans would enjoy I would think.

Very well acted and having watched a lot of non league football at that level the characters were very relatable. Think every club at that level has a young lad who gets far too excited by that standard of football and is probably considered weird by people his own age. A chairman of the supporters club type who takes his role VERY seriously, the cool one who compared to his peers is cool but really just a football nerd like the others and a downright oddball.
[MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION] a couple of questions if I may.

Firstly where was the fictional Hayes Lane in the film?

Secondly are there houses specifically available for period films/programs that are used just for only that purpose in the industry or do people live in these places? The chairman's house I've seen used recently in End of the Fun**in World and I thought at the time I'd seen it before so probably something else as well.

Finally, not really a question just a kudos for having Brighton top of the third division on the league ladders on his wall.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I got this on one of those shiny, DVD disk things and watch it every day without fail. It usually makes me laugh at some point but maybe that is just because it is me.

In the interest of balance I feel I should say that other mirrors are available.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here