Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Championship away days

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Lots of East Midlands/South Yorkshire clubs in the Championship, so I'll be set.
Always up for a trip to the North East so will be keen on Sunderland if they get promoted.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I'm looking forward to about 3 minutes T.V. coverage on the EFL show and no-one pulling apart at length our obvious failings and laughing at us.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
The midlands generally is quite depressing.

It’s not that bad. Apart from the lack of the sea. Some beautiful countryside in amongst the sprawling mass of concrete where one town seamlessly blends in to another. The canals or “the cut” are good too

Looking forward to see how our powder puff forwards compete with their Championship peers & even the most optimistic fan realising that none of them are better than bang average in the second tier.

Brentford’s new ground would be great. Also been a long time since we played Pompey in a league match (if they go up). Always enjoy Millwall (well the drinking at London Bridge). Be good to play Hughton’s Forest.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Looking forward to see how our powder puff forwards compete with their Championship peers & even the most optimistic fan realising that none of them are better than bang average in the second tier.

Brentford’s new ground would be great. Also been a long time since we played Pompey in a league match (if they go up). Always enjoy Millwall (well the drinking at London Bridge). Be good to play Hughton’s Forest.

Thankfully I’d imagine most of them would be on their way should we be relegated, which would be a blessing.

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
Love the idea of no VAR and this is most probably the likely outcome for us next season. Bournemouth for me (providing they don't go up). Love going down there, nice town/pubs and its not too far!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Muff, Forest (might add on some days fishing on the Trent), Birmingham (curry), Watford, Sheffield Utd......plenty to look forward to if the worst happens :shrug::shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The midlands generally is quite depressing.

No it isn't. And there can't be many towns or cities I haven't been too.

There is much history there, manifested in different ways.

I like Birmingham, having had a long relationship with the city. Leicester is a fascinating place culturally. The areas round Leam quite beautiful.

The architecture of some East Midlands cities it quite unique for England- more in keeping with Glasgow than other English towns.

Much to see and enjoy before resorting to lazy stereo-types.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bristol City, via some nice Bath pubs may be available too.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Coventry's "home" ground is currently St Andrew's in Birmingham.

*Edit* see others have already said this. Oops.

Much truth in that. I counted 17 of our promotion season matches as being shown live. That may be more because I think all mid-week games are shown now.

If we go down, of course.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We've clearly done the same shitholes :lolol:

Codner 1-0 game? That was epic. Or, at least, I was epically drunk.

Yeah, you all thought I was the assistant manager.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here