Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Championship away days

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
After the past week it is undeniable that relegation is at least a possibility. This thread is looking for positives from such an outcome. Which Championship away days would you look forward to (theoretically) and why ?
Accrington Stanley for me. It’s always been an ambition to visit the home of the milk advert and it’s a local away day for us. It is rather dependent on them winning the League 2 play offs.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Lincoln and Coventry for me as I used to live in both. Ipswich if they somehow squeak into the Championship, which is highly doubtful.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry, I'm sick of these depressing threads. I'm fed up with results, outcomes, stats, performances and I'm thoroughly miserable. There is no positive to thumbing through the teams we might play in the Championship looking for a good away day. Absolutely nothing. That's a game to play if the worst happens, not in joyful anticipation!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry, I'm sick of these depressing threads. I'm fed up with results, outcomes, stats, performances and I'm thoroughly miserable. There is no positive to thumbing through the teams we might play in the Championship looking for a good away day. Absolutely nothing. That's a game to play if the worst happens, not in joyful anticipation!

‘Depressing’ is a bit OTT. Football is all about going to matches not watching television. Regular away travelers will always have places/grounds they look on fondly and value more than which league we are playing in.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
West Brom for me, never been to the Hawthorns. The only other ground in the current PL I’ve not been to is SJP, I guess that’ll have to wait for a cup game, or till we are both in the same league again.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have been and the areas surrounding the ground made me realise how lucky I am to live in Newhaven. :)

As it happens I was up there a week ago for a meeting, and whilst yes, it’s a bit grim, the people are really decent and friendly, makes a change doing business with people who don’t seem to go out of their way to be obstructive. Got onto discussing football and they seemed very knowledgeable, complimentary of the other Albion, loved the Amex when they came last time, and not particularly happy with Sam as manger.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As it happens I was up there a week ago for a meeting, and whilst yes, it’s a bit grim, the people are really decent and friendly, makes a change doing business with people who don’t seem to go out of their way to be obstructive. Got onto discussing football and they seemed very knowledgeable, complimentary of the other Albion, loved the Amex when they came last time, and not particularly happy with Sam as manger.

Yes the West Brom fans I have met have been decent.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have been and the areas surrounding the ground made me realise how lucky I am to live in Newhaven. :)

This. Once visited, never forgotten. Mind you, have you been to Rotherham?

Preston - still haven't ticked off Deepdale after all these years

Me neither, which is most depressing. For two years I worked regularly in Lytham and would get the train to Preston and then change or get a cab to there. I now know the city and some of the pubs and takeaways round the station from those odd occasions :)lolol:) where Virgin ferked up my train home. but I've never seen football there.

All in all, going down, so long as Covid stays away is really no bad thing for the fan. A bit of bantz from them up the road to cope with but then you've got a proper long season with midweek games, great away days and the chance to see us miss 40 shots a game instead of 20.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here