Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We would be top 6

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
It’s all very fine margins. We could and should easily have had two more points on the board this week, which would have been huge. We now need to focus fully on survival, which may mean being less expansive and more difficult to beat. Really missing Webster and March, both defensively and offensively. Next season we need to go for a quality striker and go again. We’re certainly have the potential to be top ten.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bit silly to say we wont go down, if we cant score we are not going to get points and Fulham are close to us and stand a great chance of beating feeble Palace.
After Monday and especially today I am thinking that we are never going to score.
If it is not our forwards, then it's penalties and if its not penalties then its the ref and a totally bizzare one off disallowed goal or a penalty given against us even though the final whistle had been blown.
I am now totally confused as to what is going on because some of those misses today were ridiculous.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We would be top 6 with 2 decent strikers and that is a fact.

Rub is Tony has to put in £ 50 m plus to secure this and fulfill Potter's plan. Feel sorry for Potter he has the plan but does not have the quality upfront to deliver it.

We are so close to being a top 6 side. We will stay up no chance we will be relegated but he must take a punt for next season but it will cost. £ 20 m in this league does not cut the mustard I am afraid

Never mind all of this, your inbox is full :) [MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION] is so desperate to contact you he started a thread when the match was on.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Rub is Tony has to put in £ 50 m plus to secure this and fulfill Potter's plan. Feel sorry for Potter he has the plan but does not have the quality upfront to deliver it.

We are so close to being a top 6 side. We will stay up no chance we will be relegated but he must take a punt for next season but it will cost. £ 20 m in this league does not cut the mustard I am afraid
I fear you are being a tad over optimistic. If we can't beat any of the bottom three we are looking very dodgy (freak wins at Liverpool notwithstanding).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter should quit if we go down or stay up.The idea of bringing him in was fantastic but as we can’t give him the quality he needs up front his style of play can’t work here. It’ll be the same next season. Sad to say we need to go back to Hughtonball football on our budget. He won’t be backed if we stay up so best for all parties if he goes to a club who can give him the players he needs to play Potterball, be it here or abroad.

Gutted to write that but our strikers are not good enough at this level to play expansive football

Do you say that real empathy or sympathy for GP?

When we have setbacks this season (so many), I really feel sorry for the bloke.

Miffed/frustrated that the club haven’t given him with the tools. For obvious reasons, he’s not going to criticise the club himself.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s all very fine margins. We could and should easily have had two more points on the board this week, which would have been huge. We now need to focus fully on survival, which may mean being less expansive and more difficult to beat. Really missing Webster and March, both defensively and offensively. Next season we need to go for a quality striker and go again. We’re certainly have the potential to be top ten.

Fine margins when it come to goal scoring .... that’s why Ings, Vardy, Zaha, Jimenez, even C.Wilson, are worth their weight in gold.

Making a huge difference to results in close games and final league position.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sick of hearing/reading this shit, the league table don’t lie, Potter’s win percentage is diabolical he’s not a genius coach far from it. We play one way, play often breaks down at the edge of the opponent’s box, subs are often the wrong choice and don’t impact games. And to top it all has the arrogance to slag of the clubs fan base when things get on top him.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
US is deluded, at least he's consistent. Icy is having a moment. But, does have a point, Potter has an ideal and I think nearly all of us are agreed that when it works, it's sexy disco football . . . Unfortunately that's 5 wins a season. It would appear his best compromise is 10 draws, if we're lucky.

We'll never be top 6 with this gang.

With respect the way we defend set pieces, I don’t agree. The notion that it’s all the strikers’ fault doesn’t stack when you look at some of the cheap goals we concede like today’s

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Do you say that real empathy or sympathy for GP?

When we have setbacks this season (so many), I really feel sorry for the bloke.

Miffed/frustrated that the club haven’t given him with the tools. For obvious reasons, he’s not going to criticise the club himself.

Really? How can you feel sorry for a millionaire who's failing at the task? All things considered, he's still failing.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

He could have saved himself a fortune then, backed Hughton instead of this shite show gamble...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
With respect the way we defend set pieces, I don’t agree. The notion that it’s all the strikers’ fault doesn’t stack when you look at some of the cheap goals we concede like today’s

Our best results have been born from great defending.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

We have piss poor strikers, but surely the players available to Potter should be capable of hitting the target from 12 yards?

Poor coach and clangers on. Get rid now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Digressing, burying the CH v GP ‘camps’, I think that both were poorly served by recruitment, in terms of the quality of strikers in the EPL.

Leading in part for CH to abandon the wonderful counter attacking football of the Championship seasons. Instead having to chisel out points by any other means.

Giving rise to GP’s pretty play firing blanks in the vast majority of EPL matches.

Your thoughts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here