Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We would be top 6

If that happened, I'd give up my season ticket.

I cannot remember enjoying football so little when it was sideways, back, forwards, sideways, sideways, back, sideways, sideways, forward, back, sideways...

That’s more Gus and Potter. Hughton was direct attacks down the wings. Often would mean we surrendered the ball cheaply and put us under long spells of pressure which was tough to watch, but it also did create goal scoring chances and that’s why we stayed up. You pay your money and take your choices I guess

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You could say the same about any manager. As Big Sam said, if he was manager of Real Madrid he would win the double each year. The mark of a good manager is delivering results when everything isn't set up exactly as you want/need it.

FatSam said that?

Real Madrid, their players and the blatantly biased, powerful newspapers, are a complex mix of politics and back stabbing.

He wouldn’t have lasted long.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s more Gus and Potter. Hughton was direct attacks down the wings. Often would mean we surrendered the ball cheaply and put us under long spells of pressure which was tough to watch, but it also did create goal scoring chances and that’s why we stayed up. You pay your money and take your choices I guess

As a CH admirer, don’t you think there were two styles under CH?

With a top 6 budget in the Championship, his brand of football was as good as anything I’ve seen in 45 years of watching the Albion.

28 months of brilliant attacking football, a centre midfield to dream of, 4 great CB’s to choose from, 3 great forwards, great FB/wing combo’s. Huge goals scored stats.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not starting new "In / Out" polls straight after each game on here would help, in my opinion.

They just polarise the dabate and lead to all of the things you identify in your post above.

I promise not to start another one this season.

It’s interesting though how many of the outers only appear after bad results though don’t you think?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It’s interesting though how many of the outers only appear after bad results though don’t you think?

But it's always been the same, regardless of who the manager has been. It's 'prime time' for winding people up and they never fail to get the reaction they want so why woud they stop?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
:lolol:

I was not thinking of Madrid for Potter and the idea that Big Sam would last a month there amuses me, a lot. Do you know anything about Spanish football?

Yeah, clearly more than you do, seeing as the team that is top (Atletico Madrid) play a style of football more similar to Big Sam than Potter.

But the point stands, if a manager can't manage a team that doesn't have everything set up exactly as he needs it, he's clearly not that good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, clearly more than you do, seeing as the team that is top (Atletico Madrid) play a style of football more similar to Big Sam than Potter.

But the point stands, if a manager can't manage a team that doesn't have everything set up exactly as he needs it, he's clearly not that good.

Last English manager at Madrid was? There was a Spanish speaking Welshman in 1989, that’s it in recent history as far as I’m aware

Anyway, I’m bored with your agenda against Potter, see ya :bigwave:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Last English manager at Madrid was?

Anyway, I’m bored with your agenda against Potter, see ya :bigwave:

Not sure how that is relevant? Who was the last Uruguayan manager of the Albion before Poyet revolutionized us?

Agenda against Potter? You are Trump-like if you think pointing out someone's shortcomings is having an agenda. Care to show me where I have said Potter out?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We gambled on going with what we had and its not good enough, end of. 1 of 4 teams who will go down third bottom, though I genuinely believe Fulham isnt the one who will.

Mentally our attacking players are very weak and none are good enough.

So again I ask you, is it the manager or recruitment at fault for this?

You seem quite happy accusing and calling any fan here supporting the manager of being an “apologist” or “a licker”, yet here you are admitting the players aren’t good enough. So which is it?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
We would be top 6 with 2 decent strikers and that is a fact.

Rub is Tony has to put in £ 50 m plus to secure this and fulfill Potter's plan. Feel sorry for Potter he has the plan but does not have the quality upfront to deliver it.

We are so close to being a top 6 side. We will stay up no chance we will be relegated but he must take a punt for next season but it will cost. £ 20 m in this league does not cut the mustard I am afraid

Are you now feeling the same now you've sobered up ?
I'd stick to coffee in future if I was you.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So again I ask you, is it the manager or recruitment at fault for this?

You seem quite happy accusing and calling any fan here supporting the manager of being an “apologist” or “a licker”, yet here you are admitting the players aren’t good enough. So which is it?

Both, manager is part of recruitment and is responsible for finding a way to win........ and you most certainly are a licker/apologist.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Both, manager is part of recruitment and is responsible for finding a way to win........ and you most certainly are a licker/apologist.

So anyone who backs the manager, sees positive long term signs and genuinely thinks they’ll come good is “a licker/apologist”.

What an astonishing pathetic mentality.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
So anyone who backs the manager, sees positive long term signs and genuinely thinks they’ll come good is “a licker/apologist”.

What an astonishing pathetic mentality.

No theyre not, But anyone who forensically looks through someone elses posts, when speaking only of saying certain attacking players, and then tries distort that into yet another way to try and defend the manager, is a licker and apologist.

And that is an astonishing pathetic mentality.

I like Potter as a person, I hope he succeeds too, Im a Brighton fan, I support the club and all the personnel, and say it as it I see it, but you're so far up his rear end, hunting out any angle to further your own tub thumping cause, that you can only just about make out your shoes hanging out.

Happy hunting.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No theyre not, But anyone who forensically looks through someone elses posts, when speaking only of saying certain attacking players, and then tries distort that into yet another way to try and defend the manager, is a licker and apologist.

And that is an astonishing pathetic mentality.

I like Potter as a person, I hope he succeeds too, Im a Brighton fan, I support the club and all the personnel, and say it as it I see it, but you're so far up his rear end, hunting out any angle to further your own tub thumping cause, that you can only just about make out your shoes hanging out.

Happy hunting.

That’s your distorted truth. All I care about is my club, that is first, and I happen to genuinely believe we have the right manager to take us forward to the next level.. if, I repeat, if.. we look past the volatile short term results.

If I didn’t believe in the manager I would want Potter out. But, you can have that opinion without throwing insults around.

I took hold of some of your old posts dear boy as you were laying into myself and other supporters of the manager on match day threads. Our crime: believing in the manager. I merely used your words to indicate your hypocrisy. Perhaps the lesson here is not to use such insults and abuse in the first place rather than blame the person for repeating what you said. Now I wanted Hughton out, but you won’t find a single post from me insulting those who wanted to stick with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here