Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We would be top 6

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We would be top 6 with 2 decent strikers and that is a fact.

Rub is Tony has to put in £ 50 m plus to secure this and fulfill Potter's plan. Feel sorry for Potter he has the plan but does not have the quality upfront to deliver it.

We are so close to being a top 6 side. We will stay up no chance we will be relegated but he must take a punt for next season but it will cost. £ 20 m in this league does not cut the mustard I am afraid

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing

Rub is Tony has to put in £ 50 m plus to secure this and fulfill Potter's plan. Feel sorry for Potter he has the plan but does not have the quality upfront to deliver it.

We are so close to being a top 8 side. We will stay up no chance we will be relegated but he must take a punt for next season but it will cost. £ 20 m in this league does not cut the mustard I am afraid

Agree with all apart from no chance we will go down. Have you seen our run in ? We are big danger of going down but agree if we stay up and get 2 decent strikers we can push for top 10

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agree with all apart from no chance we will go down. Have you seen our run in ? We are big danger of going down but agree if we stay up and get 2 decent strikers we can push for top 10

8 to 1 but 25 to 1, 2 games ago

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

We are so close to being a top 6 side. We will stay up no chance we will be relegated but he must take a punt for next season but it will cost. £ 20 m in this league does not cut the mustard I am afraid

If it was that easy, surely every club would just sign these mythical £50M strikers ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
3 wins will keep us up

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter should quit if we go down or stay up.The idea of bringing him in was fantastic but as we can’t give him the quality he needs up front his style of play can’t work here. It’ll be the same next season. Sad to say we need to go back to Hughtonball football on our budget. He won’t be backed if we stay up so best for all parties if he goes to a club who can give him the players he needs to play Potterball, be it here or abroad.

Gutted to write that but our strikers are not good enough at this level to play expansive football

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
8 to 1 but 25 to 1, 2 games ago

I can see the point your making but we should of had 6 points from the last 2 games then I agree we would not of been in danger of going down.

But that 8-1 will drop down to 2-1 very soon

If Newcastle and Fulham win their next games

look at our last games and tell me where the points are coming from

Newcastle must win 3 points
Sheff Utd 1 or 3 points
Southampton away 1 point

We could lose the rest putting us on 32 points and then we will go down

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

I’d get Abraham on a season loan to buy and get another 20/30 mil striker in too

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The best outcome would be that we just manage to survive and then make good on that idea in the summer. Then we all get back to the ground and have a party.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

We might be next season in the championship

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Or if Mac, Tross, Gross, Biss etc just contributed about 5 more goals between them...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Sad to say we need to go back to Hughtonball football on our budget.

If that happened, I'd give up my season ticket.

I cannot remember enjoying football so little when it was sideways, back, forwards, sideways, sideways, back, sideways, sideways, forward, back, sideways...

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
A midfield that can score goals would be good. Lots of creating chances but no taking them. Gross 2 goals, Tross 2, Alzate 1, Biss 1, Ali Mac 1. Combined the same number that Maupay has scored this season.And 1 more than Tammy Abraham has scored. Im not saying we dont need a 20 goal a season striker but its not the only solution. There will probably be only 1 striker in the league who will score 20 this season unless 1 of the others has a purple patch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If that happened, I'd give up my season ticket.

I cannot remember enjoying football so little when it was sideways, back, forwards, sideways, sideways, back, sideways, sideways, forward, back, sideways...

I will give up my season ticket too and become an occasional armchair fan. The experiment is not viable, Potterball will and has fallen down with Championship level strikers. Bloom will not pay what we need to play Potterball efficiently and I can’t blame him in the current climate. We need to lower our sights and concentrate on slugging it out like WBA, Newcastle and Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here