Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A captain's fury.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What concerns me is that Dunk comes out with an angry response whereas Potter remains calm and controlled for a loss of one or three points that could see us relegated.
What are the other players thinking?
Good on Potter for his calm, thoughtful approach, or well done Dunky for showing a bit of passion. I accept that it’s no good losing your shit continuously, but sometimes a Mullery type moment is needed. Oh to have a bit of Mullery’s DNA in Potter.

Potter ‘calm’ , Dunk goes mental. Guess what - nothing changes with the result [emoji2375]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm 99,9% sure both of them used a different vocabulary when describing the ref while in the dressing room compared to in front of the tv cameras.

Some people will never settle until we have Chic Charnley up front, and Joey Barton as manager.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
How can you expect the players to show some fight when your manager doesn’t show such emotion, I’m sure if Potters wife was having it away with the milkman he’d shrug it off and let her carry on.
At least Lewis has something about him and hopefully that will rub off with the players!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How can you expect the players to show some fight when your manager doesn’t show such emotion, I’m sure if Potters wife was having it away with the milkman he’d shrug it off and let her carry on.

Isn’t that Dunks job as captain ? Especially on the pitch ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"It is what it is"

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So you would be happy with no manager for the next game as he serves a ban? Great. That's helpful.

Oh **** off. There's no way on earth the FA would say anything if Potter lost it today and called the referee anything under the sun he was useless in the extreme. I'd have got my team off the pitch. I'd have asked for full clarification of the law prior to the game continuing. They'd have trouble doing that!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whatever becomes of our season, we will have been the first team to have a goal ruled out by sound on VAR !!

I was already quite proud of us being the first team to manage to lose a game after the final whistle had been blown.

We are pushing the boundaries this season for sure.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh **** off. There's no way on earth the FA would say anything if Potter lost it today and called the referee anything under the sun he was useless in the extreme. I'd have got my team off the pitch. I'd have asked for full clarification of the law prior to the game continuing. They'd have trouble doing that!

Assuming the second whistle did go before the ball crossed the line then the law of the game was followed

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
"It is what it is"

“That’s football.”

“Results are hard to come by in the PL.”

“The margins are fine.”

Time for a cuppa.

Nice arm round the shoulder too.

Why do I feel like we’re being managed by Percy the park keeper? And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

That one with his new fancied grass cutter... man, I should have known this would all end in semi comical disaster.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Assuming the second whistle did go before the ball crossed the line then the law of the game was followed

No it didn't. Watched a number of times and it just didn't. The ball had gone past the keeper and was in the net.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Love it...Dunk has had the guts and come out with it...he probably knows he’ll get fined....ref was a wanker....still should have scored a pen :facepalm:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Even if it did (which I am fairly certain is not the case) VAR cannot prove when the whistle occurred. It is a system based in video, not audio.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No it didn't. Watched a number of times and it just didn't. The ball had gone past the keeper and was in the net.

Assuming sky dubbed it right , their clip during the game it didn’t look like it had

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I’m sure if Potters wife was having it away with the milkman he’d shrug it off and let her carry on.

Graham's clearly a fan of pint-size strikers.

But unlike the milkman, Potter's Albion doesn't always deliver.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
There are far more official channels for him to do that through than via the tv. Why should he risk a fine and ban just to make some knee jerk fans happier? It's nonsense. He gave the only answer he could. I'm fact if you watch the interview you can see him picking his words extremely carefully.

A fine and a ban for what? f*ck them, they cant be unaccountable for decisions that could cost 100 million+ pounds to a club. And they cant be above the laws of the game.

If I were Dunk, I wouldnt pay nor attend any meeting without explanation of why Mason blew the second time.

What is the refs reasoning having blown a whistle to start play, to the blow again. This is not North Korea.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It’s about time refs get called out. Most are not fit for purpose. Most of them are not fit come to think of it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Even if it did (which I am fairly certain is not the case) VAR cannot prove when the whistle occurred. It is a system based in video, not audio.

If the video has an audio track it is incredibly easy to ascertain whether a whistle was blown especially in an empty stadium.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here