What’s more frustrating?

• Playing rubbish

Votes: 90 42.7%
  • Playing well and missing endless chances

Votes: 121 57.3%

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Got me thinking after today’s game, I remember towards the end of Hughtons reign that I genuinely didn’t want to watch us anymore for the first time ever and after today I feel immensely frustrated about watching us playing well and throwing games away with crap finishing despite playing good football.

What’s more frustrating:

Watching us play utter shit and lose games

Watching us play fairly well but missing chance after chance after chance.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's always frustrating being an Albion fan......just ask the Baggies (before today that is)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The football under Hughton was much worse, but this is more frustrating.

That’s about where I am.

We are considerably better now but that’s what makes it so frustrating, when we missed that second penalty I genuinely just gave up. I’ve never felt so angry.

The anger and frustration I feel watching us be quite decent but throwing it away far exceeds the frustration of us just being crap, seen that enough down the years. :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The most fristrating thing - and this covers last season too - is what we might have achieved with a proper striker.

Not replacing Murray has hurt us and could cost us our place in this division.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The most fristrating thing - and this covers last season too - is what we might have achieved with a proper striker.

Not replacing Murray has hurt us and could cost us our place in this division.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I guess the old saying is true, 'It's the hope that kills you.' At the moment we are doing everything right that you can in football, and I mean everything, (give or take the odd defensive mistake) apart from score. It's like being one of the most promising and talented young chess players in the world, but failing to understand the concepts of mating the King.

Those last weeks under Hughton, we couldn't really do anything right, but we had a certain man with the initials GM who often saved us when we needed it. Yes, getting battered by Bournemouth or out thought by Warnock is painful, but these last 2 game feel far worse.

I think, in some way, at least for my emotions, I'd prefer if we were just a more 'traditional' back to the walls and hope for the best, Hughton-esqe, team.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Screenshot (2).png

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
Playing well and not taking your chances is harder to take for sure. Playing crap you know what your gonna get and expectations are low. Playing how we play you are just waiting and praying it will click and the goals will flood in.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Over the years (52 in my case) we've had some rubbish seasons and poor squads and any sort of result was a cause for celebration (The Gillingham years the most obvious example). This is far more frustrating because the level of expectation is much higher.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I don't think it helps that we're watching in a pandemic. I've absolutely hated watching this Brighton team for a while now (despite the guff about GPot being our best manager ever) and it's taking it's toll to an extent i don't think would be the case if we were out for a few beers in the Midlands moaning about our 2 missed pens

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here