Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tall Bulky Striker

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Not replacing Murray is just criminal. We need someone with the instinct to finish first time. That goal Vs Man Utd in the 3-2, deft first time flick or any number of poachers finishes in the box. We just don't have that anywhere in the side. Maupay I think does add value to the attacking line, holds the ball relatively well. But cannot finish instinctively and neither can any of the rest of them. Tall and bulky or not, we need a finisher. We just don't have it and it's so glaringly obvious that it's a concern that the recruitment team haven't filled this gap in the last 3 years.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
That’s a coaches responsibility to sort.

We have the strikers we have, I think he’s as good as any we have, and if the ask was tall and bulky I think he’s on his own. But I wish for Andone back ASAP, hopefully Potter is not too proud and picks him

Andone absolutely no better than current crop

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Ibrahima Niane could be a good signing., asuming he's recovers ok from a knee injury which he suffered earlier in the season....

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Connolly didn’t miss an open goal from 6 yards because he’s not tall.

Maupay didn’t side-foot for a throw-in from 5 yards, because he’s not bulky.

Groß’ size didn’t cause him to lift his penalty too high.

Wellbeck’s strength didn’t force him to hit his too wide.

The missing characteristic our forwards are short of is QUALITY.

Absolutely bang on

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not replacing Murray is just criminal. We need someone with the instinct to finish first time. That goal Vs Man Utd in the 3-2, deft first time flick or any number of poachers finishes in the box. We just don't have that anywhere in the side. Maupay I think does add value to the attacking line, holds the ball relatively well. But cannot finish instinctively and neither can any of the rest of them. Tall and bulky or not, we need a finisher. We just don't have it and it's so glaringly obvious that it's a concern that the recruitment team haven't filled this gap in the last 3 years.

So true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I will force myself to watch highlights to try and understand how Connelly managed to put it over crossbar from there

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Andy Carrol sounds like your ideal striker . How can we prise him away from Newcastle after he's done so much this season?
Don't buy big....Buy good.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Connolly didn’t miss an open goal from 6 yards because he’s not tall.

Maupay didn’t side-foot for a throw-in from 5 yards, because he’s not bulky.

Groß’ size didn’t cause him to lift his penalty too high.

Wellbeck’s strength didn’t force him to hit his too wide.

The missing characteristic our forwards are short of is QUALITY.

Indeed; Connolly suffers from not being up to this level - he’d be prolific in league 1, nearly double figs in a championship team. Maupay is neither a #9 or a10 at this level - he’s too frantic and a confidence player ermmmm oh dear. Welbeck is a time warp player, good ten years back, alas he’s remained there whilst the PL has left him way, way behind - not sharp enough nor good enough anymore.

In short, we’re not short of height - moreover guile and (yes absolutely) quality.

Andone right now, is our Obi Wan ... our only hope.

Cripes!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Andi Zeqiri.

Raw, but can win a header, puts himself about, gives us another option and is clearly eager for a chance.

We can't persist with Maupay, surely even Potter sees that now.

Wellbeck carries himself like a court jester. He was a desperation signing who nobody else wanted, who we only got after missing all our targets.

We need to be trusting in youth now. Moder, Karbownik, Zeqiri

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here