Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The possession = winning myth debunked

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
According to Aspinall, of the eight wins we have had since the start of last year, in seven of them we had the minority of the possession.
I’m not sure what that means we should do, but it appears keeping the ball simply isn’t working.
Thoughts?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally I don't think we can draw conclusions from the totally bizarre run of matches we are on at the moment.

Plenty of teams will dominate possession and win ... like City

The fact that we've created 60+ chances in the last 3 games with tonnes of possession says to me that there is something going for it.

It's just the complete lack of confidence and ability in front of goal that is meaning we're losing when we should be winning

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Well the solution is definitely not give the ball to the opposition is it.

I dunno. Looking at that stat maybe it is!

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If we were dominating possession but creating nothing then there would be a debate to be had. We are creating loads though we just can’t score.

How do we miss two penalties in one game. Ridiculously poor.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Another way of looking at it, is it possible that certain sides get a goal up early on, and then sit back and defend it for 80 minutes, giving us impressive possession stats, but no points?

John1066

May 13, 2019
I like possession football, Man City have loads of possession, but they keep the pace up. If they're speed of play drops Pep is on to them. We just stroll about and constantly have 11 men to play through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here