Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v WBA

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 6 - Tough afternoon. Had to come for crosses through packed areas, sometimes with the sun in his eyes. Distribution fine

Veltman - 6 - Below his previous standards, but found good pockets of space on the right

White - 5 - Looked outgunned physically. Some poor attempted long straight passes. Needs to play through the midfield more often.

Dunk - 8 - MOM - Lovely goal and some progressive passing

Burn - 6 - Didn't always come off, but tidy on the left. Not sure if him our Maupay was supposed to be picking up for the goal

Bissouma - 6 - Way below his best, but miles better than anything they had

Gross - 6 - Some great delivery, but shocking penalty and the one most guilty of overplaying in the WBA penalty area

MacAllister - 3 - Limited involvement and correctly withdrawn. Not his type of game

Trossard - 2 - Pound shop Knockeart. Played for himself not the team today, the worst of all the finishing culprits over the course of the season

Maupay - 2 - Huge act of faith for him to be selected. He let his manager down again. Weak finishing and looked to have lost the player who scored for them. Confidence is on the floor, he looks currently unselectable

Connolly - 3 - Forced a decent save in the first half, but missed another glaring chance and didn't hold it long enough when we went to him

Subs

Lallana - 5 - Improved on his recent desperate displays

Wellbeck - 3 - Abysmal penalty. Made no claim at all the be selected for the next game

Moder - 6 - Great cross and a couple of good passes. In for Bissouma for our next match in my mind

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 6
White - 6
Dunk - 8
Burn - 6
Veltman - 6
Gross - 5 - not just the pen, but decision making unusually poor
Bissouma - 5 - beginning to believe his publicity
MacAllister - 5
Trossard - 5 - sadly the Trossard of 2 months ago [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION]
Connolly - 4 - terrible miss
Maupay - 4 - time for a rest

Lallana - 5
Welbeck - 5
Molder - 6

Potter - 5 - pointless playing the diddy men up front. Not learning on certain things

Mason - 1 - boots were clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sanchez 7. Did OK except for one questionable attempt to come for a high ball.

Veltman 7. OK, but not quite up to Monday's level.

Dunk 8. Clever free kick and good defensive work.

White 5. Not his best game. Not strong enough on occasions.

Burn 5. OK going forward, worries me defensively.

Bissouma 6. Well below his best again.

Gross 5. Shocking penalty. Why change his run-up when he has been successful previously? Other wise an ok game, but not quite up to recent standards.

MacAllister 5. Seemed to make little impact.

Trossard 5. A couple of moments when he looked as though he was going to make something happen, but otherwise well below his best.

Connolly 5. Didn't touch the ball in the first ten minutes. The potential is there but doesn't quite click.

Maupay 4. Keep waiting for him to deliver, but he doesn't. Time to write him off I think. Welbeck doesn't seem to be the answer so why not Zequiri?

Subs:
Lallana 4. Really didn't do much. He's not the player he was earlier in the season.
Welbeck 4. Shocking penalty, otherwise unimpressive.
Moder 6. Looked good in his short cameo. Should start next game.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
6 - average

Sanchez - 7 Clear shouts for the ball and good catching. Distribution good as well
White - 6 Some bad forward balls
Dunk - 8 Good game and an extra point for not being afraid to question the ref in post match interview.
Burn - 6 Awful in the first ten minutes but improved
Veltman - 7 not quite the palace performance. Should have taken the penalties
Gross - 5 - not just the pen, but decision making unusually poor. Awful passing all game.
Bissouma - 6 ok but not at his best.
MacAllister - 5 anonymous
Trossard - 5 - A luxury when he plays badly
Connolly - 4 - two reasonable efforts and one bad miss
Maupay - 4 - Not sure how he starts every week

Lallana - 5 think potter feels he has to play him but not on current form
Welbeck - 5 Does not change games and thrashed penalty. No guile at all
Molder - 6 looked the best of the subs but too late

Potter - 5 - Terrible Substitutions and must start Ziqiri soon as all other strikers are not working as it stands. 65 shots in 3 games 20 on target and 1 goal says it all.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Gross, Welbeck and Connolly -5
Dunk 5 for valid free kick
Rest of team 0

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Sanchez 7- Good distribution and claiming crosses
Veltman 7- Did nothing wrong but not as effective getting forward.
White 5 - Looked a bit lightweight and passing forward was poor.
Dunk MOTM 8- Great goal, solid all game and wants to win.
Burn 6 - Not a bad game but nothing to mention of any note
Trossard 4 - Where’s that player from Spurs and Liverpool gone? Can’t pass, holds the ball too long and can’t finish.
Bissouma 5- Did nothing of any note , shot way over when should be hitting the target.
Gross 5 - Another player who’s gone missing since those big wins , poor penalty and missed a couple of easy passes to a yellow shirt when in good positions.
Ali Mac 6 - Quiet game although picked up some good positions and actually showed a bit of bite in the tackle , not sure he should have been taken off at halftime over Gross.
Connolly 4 - Not played much recently but is he really a PL striker? Terrible miss
Maupay 3 - What does he do in training? Must be unreal, match days he is shocking in all areas, touch, shooting passing all poor.

Lallana 3 - Not sure what he’s bringing to the team on the pitch, no fight which isn’t what you want in our position.
Welbeck 3 - Another panic signing who’s best season is 10 goals.
Moder 5 - Not on that long but actually put a decent ball in for our strikers ( who weren’t there)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Sanchez - 6 - Difficult first half with the sun in his eyes, came for a few crosses and flapped but other than that he did OK against big old fashion forwards

Veltman - 6 - Wobbled a bit first half as per Sanchez but grew into the game poor header over the bar

White - 6 - Struggled a bit against a big front line but played ok

Dunk - 7 - scored a good goal ruled not a good goal I thought he was going to talk himself into a booking did a couple of crucial tackles

Burn - 6 - like the rest of defence struggled to come to terms with the big forwards made me think just the sort of game Duffy would have excelled in

Bissouma - 5- no were near his best, the ball just would not stick one very wild shot over the bar summed up the day

Gross - 6 - As my son in law said even the Germans are missing penalties, played some nice balls through but really missing that penalty

MacAllister - 5- A couple of cleaver passes but not enough subbed half time

Trossard - 6- some really good close control but guilty of making poor decisions

Maupay - 5- A couple of half chances some good interplay but looking low on confidence

Connolly - 5- one very well taken shot that was well saved and one awful miss blazing over the bar from five yards

Subs

Lallana - 4- hardly recall him doing very much

Wellbeck - 4- Penalty miss followed by a second touch of the ball ! To give them a free kick while others were rushing in

Moder - 5 - very late substitution camio appearance which produced one very good cross

Lee Mason first half looked like a rabbit in the headlights bemused befuddled and bewildered

GP Not the right selection easy to say in hindsight especially as I predicted almost the same team but in hindsight I would have thought it was a game for Duffy and Murray

We are genuinely back in the relegation fight I still think the odds are in our favour but only just, looking at our players who is up for a fight and of them who is capable of taking the fight on

Awful day two penalties missed confidence is such a fragile thing, GP needs to do a bit of team confidence rebuilding and quickly as WBA, Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday all look up for the fight

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sanchez.....6
White..........6
Dunk...........7
Burn............5
Bissouma....4
Gross..........4
MacAllister...4
Trossard......2
Connolly......3
Maupay.......3

Subs
Lallana........4
Welbeck......3
Moder..........5

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sanchez - 7
White - 5 too many displaced passes
Dunk - 8 MOM
Veltman - 6 should have buried that header
Burn - 4 lost the man for the goal, in the midst of a really poor run
Bissouma - 5 gone missing in the last few games
Gross - 3 misplaced passes throughout the game along with poor set piece delivery
Mac - 3 looked like he was still in the dressing room
Trossard - 2 now looking as bad as some of the other buys out of Dutch football. Two great games at the start of the season gone AWOL since
Connolly - 4 still living of his goals against spuds. Not sure he has it anymore
Maupay - 3 so out of form and needs dropping. GP keeps picking him which I'm sure is not really helping him

Welbeck - 2 poor penalty didn't do much else
Moder - 5 probably the best delivery into the box but no one on his wavelength
Lallana - 4 wondering what he has let himself into

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sanchez - 7
White - 5 too many displaced passes
Dunk - 8 MOM
Veltman - 6 should have buried that header
Burn - 4 lost the man for the goal, in the midst of a really poor run
Bissouma - 5 gone missing in the last few games
Gross - 3 misplaced passes throughout the game along with poor set piece delivery
Mac - 3 looked like he was still in the dressing room
Trossard - 2 now looking as bad as some of the other buys out of Dutch football. Two great games at the start of the season gone AWOL since
Connolly - 4 still living of his goals against spuds. Not sure he has it anymore
Maupay - 3 so out of form and needs dropping. GP keeps picking him which I'm sure is not really helping him

Welbeck - 2 poor penalty didn't do much else
Moder - 5 probably the best delivery into the box but no one on his wavelength
Lallana - 4 wondering what he has let himself into

Re: Trossard, whilst he was really poor today, you’re wrong with your comments. For a start he came from Belgium and secondly, he was oustanding against Spurs and Liverpool recently and good against Villa.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Sanchez - 6

Veltman - 6
White - 5
Dunk - 7
Burn - 6

Trossard - 4
Bissouma - 4
Gross - 4
Mac Allister - 4

Maupay - 4
Connolly - 5

To produce this level of performance on such a key match was pretty abysmal. First time I seriously thought ‘we’re going down’

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 6
Veltman 6
Burn 5
Dunk 7 MOTM
White 5
Bissouma 4
Gross 4
MacAllister 5
Trossard 5
Maupay 5
Connolly 5

Welbeck 4
Lallana 6
Moder 6

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah re: Trossard, he is awful at times. Awful. But even at 70% he is often our best attacking player.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Sanchez - 7, up against a physical and aerial assault- doing well imho.

Veltman - 7, I like him and he’s always solid.

White - 5, not the messiah - he’s not quite doing it for me. Needs to be rested.

Dunk - 9 MOM - Legend, continued to develop his legend post match too.

Burn - 7, derided yet for me he’s better than White - there, I said it.

Bissouma - 5, from imperious, to steady, to regressing. Worrying - needs a rest?

Gross - 5, reliable ermmmm not his day... needs a rest.

MacAllister - 4, up down as ever more down today... he has huge promise regardless.

Trossard - 2, didn’t fancy it, never does against the poorer teams... has an air about him, I’m not sure I’d miss him tbh. A luxury player we can ill afford. Mark me, he needs a firm hand - not likely to happen (at least) from the outside looking in...

Maupay - 2, gone. Needs a long break.

Connolly 4, trying but I think his level is slightly below this one.

GP - wrong selection today. Why play Trossard in a game he was never going to fancy...? Biss too needs reigning in... resting several too - instead we’ve surely removed what fragile confidence remained in several of our players. Sigh.

I’d have started Davy, Tau - really shook it up... we were too predictable, unlucky yes but it’s all too habitual to be coincidence.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Easy to say we were hard done by but we were poor. Lucky to get 2 fortunate penalties. Much worse performance then Palace game. Apart from endeavour WBA poor.side.

Sanchez 6 Reserve judgement for goal but at time couldnt understand been so close to line why it wasnt his ball.
Veltman 7 Did ok without reaching last game level.
White 6 Defended ok. So many of his long balls seemed pointless and over hit. Maybe he would say no movement by midfielders in front of him
Dunk 7 Very good but as captain shows no leadership. Compare him to Webster sorting defenders marking out at Liverpools corner. Also couldnt understand Dunk hitting 2nd kick to same position at same weight.. Was he
expecting keeper to again stay on right.
Burn 4 Just a very poor defender out wide..
Bissouma 4 Whilst I never felt he reached the heights mentioned on here, with his ball winning and forward runs was such an improvement on Stevens. Today no creation and full of Stevens type sideways passing
Gross 5 Made more effort to make things happen then other midfielders.. Surprised didnt take 2nd penalty. Did he not want to know or did Welbeck insist.
McCalister 4 In that role up to him to find space, Didnt and got crowded out.
Trossard 6 Had some sympathy because he tries to make things happen Best position is on left but 2nd half Burn went there and seemed to play too deep in midfield
Connelly 3 Appreciate still young but do wonder what level he is capable of playing. Seems only capable of scoring by cutting in from right, Can accept a keeper save but how did he put that over bar from there
Maupay 5 Not great but less selfish today Missed a chance and set up a couple of chances, He has scored 20 plus in a season albeit in Championship and rather then keep swapping our 4 strikers I would be tempted to stick
with him
Lalana 4 My biggest disappointment. With his ability and experience came on to make a difference and influence game. He didnt

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Yeah re: Trossard, he is awful at times. Awful. But even at 70% he is often our best attacking player.

Trossard - as skilful as he is - takes too many touches which allows the opposition time to get organised and compact. Needs to release the ball sooner.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
6 - average

Sanchez - 6
White - 6
Dunk - 8
Burn - 6
Veltman - 6
Gross - 5 - not just the pen, but decision making unusually poor
Bissouma - 5 - beginning to believe his publicity
MacAllister - 5
Trossard - 5 - sadly the Trossard of 2 months ago [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION]
Connolly - 4 - terrible miss
Maupay - 4 - time for a rest

Lallana - 5
Welbeck - 5
Molder - 6

Potter - 5 - pointless playing the diddy men up front. Not learning on certain things

Mason - 1 - boots were clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I thought he was poor and, what really irritated me about him yesterday, was the number of needless free kicks he gave away. He puts in a shift, but is a poor defender.
I'd go along with all your ratings, but would give Gross a 7 even given his penalty. Thought he was really inventive throughout, and didn't shy away. Maupay a 5 too. He's finishing is just dreadful at the mo (whose isn't?), but did some good stuff -- his touch is so erratic though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here