Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Too good to go down?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Two weeks ago I was confident we were staying up.

Now I’m not.

Sorry if that makes me a bed wetter, but there it is. It’s an honest reaction.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As far as I'm concerned any genuine Albion fan will mutter "keep the faith" and look forward to the next fixture, whoever that may be.

If we go down, so be it, as long as we go down fighting, can't see what the alternative is [and by fighting I mean creating chances].
And if we do go down and sell half our current starting XI, I have every confidence that the youngsters we now have at the club will give a great account of themselves in the Championship anyway.

Not losing any sleep over this and absolutely not going to deploy the rubber sheet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If we do go down so be it. The life of following the Albion. Will still support us regardless of the division we are in.

It would cost Bloom astonish sums of money, with no certainty of returning, star players would depart.

We’d still rock up at The Amex of course, but the price paid by the owner and possibly to jobs will be hugely painful.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It would cost Bloom astonish sums of money, with no certainty of returning, star players would depart.

We’d still rock up at The Amex of course, but the price paid by the owner and possibly to jobs will be hugely painful.

Huge clear out and we cut our cloth accordingly. No need for it to cost the owner astonishing sums. For us supporters it means Preston away rather than Anfield. It will still be a good day out. It’s only the nouveau fans who will be affected.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Are we now properly "too good to go down", like all the other teams who have been "too good to go down" and who promptly got themselves relegated ?

I don't think we will go down, but that is based on the fact that by the law of averages, we will eventually score enough goals to keep us up.

But yes w ecould well end up being that team, if we continue to be so inept in front of goal.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
We are too good defensively and through the midfield to go down. Problem is in the final third despite creating simple chances our strikers are performing like they're non league. So on balance, going down a real possibility. Failure to replace Murray may be about to finally catch up with us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Huge clear out and we cut our cloth accordingly. No need for it to cost the owner astonishing sums. For us supporters it means Preston away rather than Anfield. It will still be a good day out. It’s only the nouveau fans who will be affected.

For the club itself, it was making a £30m annual loss in the Championship (excluding promotion bonuses), a ridiculous ‘business’ model of income £29m, cost base £59m.

Bloom needs the £105m of broadcasting money.

Regarding going to games, we’d probably go to more. Having a chance in each one. Not the oh so predictable, it’s the Emptyhad or Goodison, were loose.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Absolutely not. We are experts in funding ways to avoid scoring and getting points. Confidence will have taken a massive hit in the last two games so we could easily tail spin from here.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Absolutely not. We are experts in funding ways to avoid scoring and getting points. Confidence will have taken a massive hit in the last two games so we could easily tail spin from here.

Every week we find a new way of not scoring.
Its pretty impressive to be fair. You could make a decent old school gaff video of our season

Feb 3, 2013
You always hear: “it’s the best teams that don’t play well but still win.” So what does that mean for us? A team that play well but still lose.
Too good to go down? I think not.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It’s a ludicrous phrase.

Of course we’re not too good to go down. We can quite easily go down, we’ve been there or thereabouts since we’ve been in the PL?

And been too good to go down, so far, in that there were at least 3 teams worse than us.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Our football is too good for the championship and deserving of the PL. I’m not sure if any team in history has been as good as us and not been able to score goals. I’m sure TB is tearing what’s left of his hair out.
Looking at today, our strikers have again failed to keep their composure in front of goal. I am reading Ian Wright’s autobiography - I think we need to get him in to do some coaching.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think that deep down everybody wants Potterball to work.

It just........ doesn't.

Certainly not with the squad we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here