Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A list of everything that's wrong and who is to blame

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The problems, since Palace, have been well discussed on here. Today exposed even more. They say never play the blame game but I'm afraid it's time to, before we end up nice-passing our way to the Championship where we will have 90% possession and 40 shots a game and still not go back up. Whose fault are these? Recruitment? Coaching? Players? A.N. Other?

1) We have no penalty taker. Not one. At least CH always had a penalty taker. We seem not to have one in the squad let alone the starting XI.
2) We have no one who can hit a good free kick from around the box except Dunk, and he can only do it if allowed to take early. How many goals is Ward Prowse worth? Again CH knew the value of a set piece taker.
3) We still cannot defend set pieces against big sides
4) Connolly - not good enough. Should have been loaned.
5) No left back in the whole squad. Burn is not a left back.
6) Still taking the poor percentage shots from the wrong place. But maybe because.....
7) There isn't a player in the side who could finish a boiled egg
8) Performances prioritised over points. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
9) Absolutely rotten luck. Terrible refereeing decisions almost constantly, both wingbacks out long term injured, a fixture list order that really doesn't suit us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm guessing its God or some ugly, weird space rock buried beneath the city of Brighton and tracing the team wherever they go. Those are the two most plausible theories currenty, but I guess you cant rule out some kind of occult sect burning goats to keep the team from winning the games it should win, or maybe life is some type of simulation made to **** over anyone wearing a Brighton emblem. I dont know. I dont know. We can and will discuss this for a 100 pages and there will be nothing even closely resembling a consensus. Until we find a more intelligent life form somewhere in universe, there will be no answer.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
"8) Performances prioritised over points. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result"

In almost every post-match interview, Potter says "we'll take the positives and learn the lessons." - yet what lessons does he ever learn?

We display the same deficiencies, errors and weaknesses in virtually every game.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Brighton fans for having "unrealistic" expectations.

That suggestion came from a Mr. G. Potter.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm guessing its God or some ugly, weird space rock buried beneath the city of Brighton and tracing the team wherever they go. Those are the two most plausible theories currenty, but I guess you cant rule out some kind of occult sect burning goats to keep the team from winning the games it should win, or maybe life is some type of simulation made to **** over anyone wearing a Brighton emblem. I dont know. I dont know. We can and will discuss this for a 100 pages and there will be nothing even closely resembling a consensus. Until we find a more intelligent life form somewhere in universe, there will be no answer.

Apparently Brighton is the most godless place in the U.K, so if we've got it wrong about the big guy then it's almost definitely this.

Certainly it's as plausible as our consistent and extravagant ways to not score or get the points we should.

We can add the Dunk non goal/goal/non goal to the Man utd penalty after the final whistle in things never before seen on a professional football pitch in England. And we can chuck in the penalty given against us against the saints that was originally given as a free kick and then changed to a penalty by VAr that the PGMOL admitted shouldn't have been a penalty after the game.

Combined with an insistence every match to miss golden opportunity after golden opportunity then the only logical explanation is God hates us.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The problems, since Palace, have been well discussed on here. Today exposed even more. They say never play the blame game but I'm afraid it's time to, before we end up nice-passing our way to the Championship where we will have 90% possession and 40 shots a game and still not go back up. Whose fault are these? Recruitment? Coaching? Players? A.N. Other?

1) We have no penalty taker. Not one. At least CH always had a penalty taker. We seem not to have one in the squad let alone the starting XI.
2) We have no one who can hit a good free kick from around the box except Dunk, and he can only do it if allowed to take early. How many goals is Ward Prowse worth? Again CH knew the value of a set piece taker.
6) Still taking the poor percentage shots from the wrong place. But maybe because.....
8) Performances prioritised over points. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
9) Absolutely rotten luck. Terrible refereeing decisions almost constantly, both wingbacks out long term injured, a fixture list order that really doesn't suit us.

You do know Potter is aware of all of this right? ........

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

But apart from that, fine?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We have an international leftback, we've just paid to cut short his loan. He played for the U23s last night.
If he isn't better than Burn at LB then God help us indeed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
We have an international leftback, we've just paid to cut short his loan. He played for the U23s last night.
If he isn't better than Burn at LB then God help us indeed.

He's right footed. He was filling in at left back in Poland. Sound familiar?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Three big issues for me today ... apart from an inability to score from penalties:
1. Too many overhit passes .... again.
2. Too many passes into touch ... again.
3. Too many passes straight to an opposition player.

This is surely basic stuff which can be corrected by good coaching?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
That isn't strictly true.
He played a whole game for Poland at LB before Christmas.

He's still right footed and played RWB in his only game for us. At best we have a utility full back to add to our other at least three.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is the only list you need:

1. We need a decent striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tony Bloom’s refusal to pay the going PL rate for strikers is to blame. Just to be totally clear I am not moaning about it and him and Potter have my full support. Not all fans feel the same way, which is their prerogative obviously.

Much much easier and more comfortable to blame the manager

We are living in the best times ever to be an Albion fan. Hard to believe eh?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Blame. Why the impulse to always blame?

Three teams have to be relegated in a division made up of the very best clubs in the country. I don’t for one minute imagine that anybody at the club is shirking or not pulling their weight. Everybody there, from the first XI and all the way through the back room, will be trying their very hardest. Our current predicament is maddening and quite often befuddling but it is not something that can simply be scapegoated. Or at least it can be but that isn’t necessarily all that helpful.

I’m just going to keep supporting my team of forty years and hope it all comes together. And if it doesn’t? If it all goes boobs up and we plunge beneath the dotted line of doom and into the murky reaches of the Championship? Well, I shall just come back for more next season and will look forward to August with a sense of hope and anticipation, just like I do every season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here