Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out?

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need to get through this season then have a clearout of our strikers and give Potter some proper attackers to work with.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Definitely in.

But he does need to look at the players mentality to try and work out whats going wrong there. This finishing thing is now all in the head.

And he needs to ‘rest’ Maupay for a while and send Connolly back to the u23’s.

He doesn’t have much choice but I’d be tempted to try Zeqiri and Tau to shake things up a bit. We can’t carry on with what we’re doing at the moment, it’s clearly not working.

Would also give Moder a go instead of Gross next.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I need to know who the next manager is.

Folk are welcome to take the 'out' view of things.

But who is replacing him ?

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
We need to get through this season then have a clearout of our strikers and give Potter some proper attackers to work with.

Yes but he is manager now and he needs to now (well months ago) start trying other things. No excuses for him if he picks Maupay and Connolly next week to start.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Anyone who honestly thinks Potter should go needs to take a long look at themselves. Our situation is down to the players inability to finish.

Actually I'd go one step further and say anyone calling 'Potter out' is a moron.

Is it not the responsibility of the coaching staff to get the best out of the players?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In. 65 shots in 3 games. 1 goal. Strikers - out.
New strikers - in.
....which unfortunately also means cheque book - out.....which is unlikely to happen

Edit......also, not ‘out’ because I can’t think of a suitable replacement. Anyone calling ‘out’ needs to suggest who they think might improve what we have.

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
In.
Despite our total lack of ability to beat teams near the bottom, we’re so much more of a threat when we play with passion and energy against the top teams. With March, Webster AND Lamptey out, its really showing the lack of depth in quality as well as the shitty luck we keep having. Keep the faith, we’re not in the bottom 3 and had we beaten Palace and WBA yet lost to Spuds and Liverpool the points total would be the same

Dont forget the turgid bus parking shit we had towards the end with CH

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've just done a list of everything I see as wrong. Below the bolded ones are where Potter takes at least partial responsibility

1) We have no penalty taker. Not one. At least CH always had a penalty taker. We seem not to have one in the squad let alone the starting XI.
2) We have no one who can hit a good free kick from around the box except Dunk, and he can only do it if allowed to take early. How many goals is Ward Prowse worth? Again CH knew the value of a set piece taker.
3) We still cannot defend set pieces against big sides
4) Connolly - not good enough. Should have been loaned.
5) No left back in the whole squad. Burn is not a left back.
6) Still taking the poor percentage shots from the wrong place. But maybe because.....
7) There isn't a player in the side who could finish a boiled egg
8) Performances prioritised over points. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
9) Absolutely rotten luck. Terrible refereeing decisions almost constantly, both wingbacks out long term injured, a fixture list order that really doesn't suit us

I still would have gone "fence" if given the option, but I wasn't.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I've just done a list of everything I see as wrong. Below the bolded ones are where Potter takes at least partial responsibility

1) We have no penalty taker. Not one. At least CH always had a penalty taker. We seem not to have one in the squad let alone the starting XI.
2) We have no one who can hit a good free kick from around the box except Dunk, and he can only do it if allowed to take early. How many goals is Ward Prowse worth? Again CH knew the value of a set piece taker.
3) We still cannot defend set pieces against big sides
4) Connolly - not good enough. Should have been loaned.
5) No left back in the whole squad. Burn is not a left back.
6) Still taking the poor percentage shots from the wrong place. But maybe because.....
7) There isn't a player in the side who could finish a boiled egg
8) Performances prioritised over points. The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result
9) Absolutely rotten luck. Terrible refereeing decisions almost constantly, both wingbacks out long term injured, a fixture list order that really doesn't suit us

I still would have gone "fence" if given the option, but I wasn't.

I would add to that, No leader on OR off the field

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Is it not the responsibility of the coaching staff to get the best out of the players?

Sorry, but for me that's an unfair assessment. Our performances show that he is getting the best out of the players but the handful of players responsible for finishing chances simply aren't.

Poor teams struggle because they fail to create chances and conceed too many goals. Our style of play creates numerous chances and we conceed comparatively few goals. I just fail to see how we can blame Potter, if anything blame the recruitment team for not supporting him in forward positions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here