Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter In or Out?

Potter In or Out

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Where are the 300 odd members that are currently online???

Why no vote:

Fence-sitters?
Simmering down?
Scratching their arses?:shrug:
Whacking back the shandy? :drink::drink::drink:

Let's be aving you.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Responsibility lies with him. The players have absolutely no confidence in front of goal. None. And it has been like it for months. He should have gone in November but now is probably too late to fix. The false dawn of the Liverpool and Spurs results are shown as exactly that. We have now played Fulham, Sheff Utd and West Brom a total of 5 times this season and havent won a game. Not good enough and on that stat alone we deserve to go down.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Responsibility lies with him. The players have absolutely no confidence in front of goal. None. And it has been like it for months. He should have gone in November but now is probably too late to fix. The false dawn of the Liverpool and Spurs results are shown as exactly that. We have now played Fulham, Sheff Utd and West Brom a total of 5 times this season and havent won a game. Not good enough and on that stat alone we deserve to go down.

Nail On Head

D

Deleted member 2719

You can't coach penalties once the game has started.

You can have a confident nominated penalty taker in your starting XI. Look at Bruno Fernandes. You may say out of our league, to which I'd say look at Jedinak and Mooy's penalty stats. You know ours are going to miss when they run up. And mental well being is something that Potter was supposed to be good at.

Exactly of course you can't, but Potter has not been given that cool-headed striker.

So what are you saying Potters has destroyed our top-rated strikers mental well being? Of course, he has not, the quality we need to take all those chances that we create is not there. They are doing their best and the pressure is big for Maupay, but Welbeck who has experience and age on his side still misses.

The numbers game suggest we will take a few goals along the way and Potter knows this as he is a strategic manager. He will be stamping his feet in the summer for the right choice especially if we offload anyone and rightly so.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
potter-in.jpg

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think theres a good chance of us being relegated. Not sure that changing the manager now will help though.
That's not a great show of confidence in Potter though.
If we stay up we need to stick with him for continuity. If we go down give him the first three months or so and reassess. If he has us in the top 3/4, stick with him. If not, then get rid.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I see the sensible majority want Potter in still. Good to see

Always have done mate.

It’s worth remembering, despite all the negativity here after a bad result, most of NSC are pretty sound and supportive of the manager and can see he’s doing the best with what he has.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Still in, but only just, he has learnt to stopping making numerous changes to his team each game, now he just needs to learn that it is ok to drop out of form players .
I was surprised Maupay and Trossard both started today, thought they would've been replaced by Connolly and Welbeck.

Slight blame on ref for the disallowed goal but most of the blame goes on the players today, 1 penalty miss in a game happens (albeit too often for us unfortunately) but 2 in a game is awful.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
In and some more in. Let down by ‘forwards’

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ll be honest, I kinda envy the In crowd. To be able to watch rubbish like we served up today and think “Yep, more of that please” is extraordinary.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Always have done mate.

It’s worth remembering, despite all the negativity here after a bad result, most of NSC are pretty sound and supportive of the manager and can see he’s doing the best with what he has.

Potter won`t be sacked this season anyway ,it`s to late now. I think he tries to get us to play good football but the quality is just not there .Look at Stirling`s goal for Man City the other day ,he is not tall and scored with the header but the cross was perfect .I think we miss Murray of 2 or 3 years ago. I watched his goals on My Albion TV the other day and i noticed how calm he was before scoring. We have not replaced him i think .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
With the number of chances we are creating, in still. If we were not creating that is the time to start panicking.

One of the last three games, with 66 chances created in total, could've been a cricket score if the planets had aligned and they had dropped in.

Hopefully not an England third test score though.....

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter won`t be sacked this season anyway ,it`s to late now. I think he tries to get us to play good football but the quality is just not there .Look at Stirling`s goal for Man City the other day ,he is not tall and scored with the header but the cross was perfect .I think we miss Murray of 2 or 3 years ago. I watched his goals on My Albion TV the other day and i noticed how calm he was before scoring. We have not replaced him i think .

Muzza was a class act from Withdean onwards. A natural footballer, a brilliant finisher of every kind of goal. Sending rivals to the EPL with a ridiculous number of goals.

That can’t be coached.

What transfer fee these days for a 25 year old Muzza?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here