Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lee Mason

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I believe Mason knew he'd blown, realised the keeper wasn't ready thought it was unfair and then tried to rectify it and it got continuously worse. He should have had the guts to give the goal and taken the flack for blowing at the wrong time. Var tried to help him out as they are all in this crap together, utter shambles this should be the death or major revamp of VAR.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I believe Mason knew he'd blown, realised the keeper wasn't ready thought it was unfair and then tried to rectify it and it got continuously worse. He should have had the guts to give the goal and taken the flack for blowing at the wrong time. Var tried to help him out as they are all in this crap together, utter shambles this should be the death or major revamp of VAR.

Agree

Poor ref most games, but he needs to be dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We need to get some refs that have actually played the game at a higher level.

I would also like to get some refs that look the part too..... like some hard looking c*nts (maybe ex special forces) who laugh at divers and tell them to stop being pussies.

But more so, maybe some refs who have actually played at a decent level would do for now :lolol:

After getting paid 50k+ per week for playing, how many would drop to a ref’s wage for putting up with the kind of shit they all get on a daily basis (when they can get more spouting bollox on the multitude of tv and radio programmes they end up on) ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well said Dunky

Professional and passionate.

What a leader.

If Mason holds his hands up and says he made an error and it cost us a goal fine, i'll respect him a bit more ... but he won't

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This is Graham Potter's fault.

I'm not joking

Lee Mason and this officiating team made his decision not to award the goal based on one thought process ........ "which manager would we rather not not have fuming at us in the media after the final whistle, Potter or Allardyce?"

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
After getting paid 50k+ per week for playing, how many would drop to a ref’s wage for putting up with the kind of shit they all get on a daily basis (when they can get more spouting bollox on the multitude of tv and radio programmes they end up on) ?

I didn't say a Premier League or Championship player quitting football to be a ref.

But footballers generally retire around their mid to late 30's, which is very young. Sometimes they are forced to retire even earlier if they get injured or if they simply don't cut it at a professional or semi professional level. So refereeing keeps them in the game.

My only concern is they may have certain biases against (or loyalties) to certain teams.

But trying to encourage some players from the lower professional/semi professional leagues to consider refereeing after football would be a good idea imo.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I'm not joking

Lee Mason and this officiating team made his decision not to award the goal based on one thought process ........ "which manager would we rather not not have fuming at us in the media after the final whistle, Potter or Allardyce?"

To be fair I think there is an element that a vociferous manager does get you the odd close decision in a game. Dyche in our dugout would have seen our goal given, I'm convinced of it, even if he'd had to to lamp Allardyce to get it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I didn't say a Premier League or Championship player quitting football to be a ref.

But footballers generally retire at around mid to late 30's, which is very young. Sometimes they are forced to retire even earlier if they get injured or if they simply don't cut in at a professional or semi professional level. So refereeing keeps them in the game.

My only concern is they may have certain bias against (or loyalties) to certain teams.

But trying to encourage some players from the lower professional/semi professional leagues to consider refereeing after football would be a good idea imo.

I wouldn’t/didn’t suggest any would quit, just can’t see many being arsed to do the job when they stop playing. It would take them several years to qualify as well.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
When you miss 6 clear cut chances and two penalties. Plus the fact that missing chances is a trend says to me we should be looking in our own back yard instead of worrying about a mistake by the ref.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
To be fair I think there is an element that a vociferous manager does get you the odd close decision in a game. Dyche in our dugout would have seen our goal given, I'm convinced of it, even if he'd had to to lamp Allardyce to get it.

Not just an element. It's blindingly obvious.

I'm not saying i'd want Dyche in the dug out, but that would have been a goal today

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I'm not joking

I wonder if our club could make a formal complaint. I don’t expect any real repercussions, but if a referee is deciding based on how a manager responds, maybe our club can help out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I wonder if our club could make a formal complaint. I don’t expect any real repercussions, but if a referee is deciding based on how a manager responds, maybe our club can help out.

Don't see the point

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He also got the injury time in the first half so wrong. The free kick debacle stopped play for 5 and a half minutes, there was also the penalty ( how did he miss the handball, another shocking decision) and a goal.
I reckon injury should have been 6-7 minutes, we got 4.

He can’t even tell the time.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Stelling and Merson were taking the rise out of it on Sky Sports hopefully this will run and run untill VAR is sorted properly

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not just an element. It's blindingly obvious.

I'm not saying i'd want Dyche in the dug out, but that would have been a goal today

I totally agree. If I was manager I would have pulled the players off. The second whistle was when the ball had hit the net. Blowing the first is to restart the game. It's completely irrelevant where the keeper is , it's if the ref is ready which he was. We're far too nice and should have created merry crap over it. We didn't we lost.

I'm fed up with what a nice club we are, started having some balls and say it as it is.

It's wrong and ****ing say it is big time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here