Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lee Mason

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was over the line when he blew the second time. The man is a liar, and he knows it, which is why he was 'injured' when he was supposed to be ****ing up another EPL match this week.

Still, the only reason I can engage with this thread is because I have Moved On; the WBA game is dead to me. I've put it on ignore f

I agree, from everything I've seen the ball was over the line. So Mason is a) an imbecile and b) a liar (along with Hooper).

Proving that won't change the result but it's fun discussing it!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I bet he was pedantic too!

:lolol:

Now you can see why I've never run for political office. Carless typos costs livers.

Well, that, and being a bit of a **** :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You mean pedantic I’m certain Oddly when I go to quote you it spell checks pedatic into pedantic automatically :smile:

Keep up, grand dad. Error acknowledged, and corrected. Ages ago.

:whistle:

What?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When I've watched the side-on replay, the impression I got was the second whistled sounded when the ball had already crossed the line and was about a foot away from the bottom of the net at the back of the goal.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Be peeved Sanchez wasn't paying attention, certainly wouldn't blame the ref as I know the Laws of the game unlike it appears a lot of other people either supporters, players and indeed referees.

I am astounded how little some people know, especially those paid to know. Apparently in the WBA game the freekick given against Welbeck after the penalty was possibly offside. Thick twats and that was the commentary team.

Do you think the WBA keeper wasn't paying attention? He was setting up his wall.

I would love to see any other instances where the ref has said 'wait for my whistle' and then blown it whilst the keeper is setting up their wall.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you think the WBA keeper wasn't paying attention? He was setting up his wall.

I would love to see any other instances where the ref has said 'wait for my whistle' and then blown it whilst the keeper is setting up their wall.

Only most times that's all.

Your location says Toronto is that right? Just asking as you post like my idiot son and he lives in Rye.

No Alex, he obviously wasn't paying attention for he was ****ing out of position.

Try last year Liverpool Dunk whistle blown OK you're sure OK with that. Goal, yes a goal scored yes by Dunk, funny that.

Right I'll dumb this right down for you. Player fouls player. Player needs a telling off by the nice Referee, bad boy. This means referee holds his important whistle up for all players to be aware he will restart the game on his whistle. Nice referee. Goalkeeper starts to organise his mates into a wall.

Normally the nice man referee now says to himself, what a good job I've done I shall now give my whistle a jolly good blast. The attacking team are aware of the nice referee and his important whistle but F@CKING BIG BUT, so is the keeper and moves in to the centre of his goal. (note here if you are northern and thick or Hoddle you may refer to the goal as goals , for no reason than being amazingly thick). One goal, two goals, Brighton no goal/s.

So lets think, nasty attacker thinks, you know what everyone steps away from the ball when the nice man referee blows the important whistle, but me I'll stand right behind the ball and ask the nice referee if he is ready he says, yes, proudly having moved the defending mates of the keeper back out of way and blows his important whistle. Nasty attacker hit the ball towards the goal and scores.

Problem was the nice referee farts loudly in his brain and his whistle goes. He then hears the man from The Vicar of Dibley, No, Yes, No, No No goal in the top field. Nice referee is most confused and manages to forget the last 5 minutes of his life and returns to the freekick.

Understand?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Only most times that's all.

Your location says Toronto is that right? Just asking as you post like my idiot son and he lives in Rye.

No Alex, he obviously wasn't paying attention for he was ****ing out of position.

Try last year Liverpool Dunk whistle blown OK you're sure OK with that. Goal, yes a goal scored yes by Dunk, funny that.

Right I'll dumb this right down for you. Player fouls player. Player needs a telling off by the nice Referee, bad boy. This means referee holds his important whistle up for all players to be aware he will restart the game on his whistle. Nice referee. Goalkeeper starts to organise his mates into a wall.

Normally the nice man referee now says to himself, what a good job I've done I shall now give my whistle a jolly good blast. The attacking team are aware of the nice referee and his important whistle but F@CKING BIG BUT, so is the keeper and moves in to the centre of his goal. (note here if you are northern and thick or Hoddle you may refer to the goal as goals , for no reason than being amazingly thick). One goal, two goals, Brighton no goal/s.

So lets think, nasty attacker thinks, you know what everyone steps away from the ball when the nice man referee blows the important whistle, but me I'll stand right behind the ball and ask the nice referee if he is ready he says, yes, proudly having moved the defending mates of the keeper back out of way and blows his important whistle. Nasty attacker hit the ball towards the goal and scores.

Problem was the nice referee farts loudly in his brain and his whistle goes. He then hears the man from The Vicar of Dibley, No, Yes, No, No No goal in the top field. Nice referee is most confused and manages to forget the last 5 minutes of his life and returns to the freekick.

Understand?

Right so you have two examples in the history of football? That's it, case closed I guess.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
All the bollocks that Mason and Hooper have spouted about the timing of the "second whistle " is irrelevant. The plain and simple fact is that, under the laws of the game, once Mason had blown his whistle to restart the game and the ball was in play, he couldn't blow to stop play unless there was an infringement or the ball went out of play. I just wish that one of the countless pundits/commentators/ retired refs who have had their say on this matter would check the laws and admit that Mason had no mandate to blow a second time, and that we were cheated out of a legitimate goal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Right so you have two examples in the history of football? That's it, case closed I guess.

WTF are you on? Tell you what look at the next game on TV and look at the keeper most will still be near their post when the ref moves away from the ball and blows his whistle, it happens often but like I've been posting most attacking players aren't standing on the ball facing straight at the goal. It's the failure of these dumbarsed attackers for not doing more often. Instead they have one running over it, one running away from it and last putting it row Z.

Just accept the referee got it wrong. Apart from one prick of an ex-referee who I wouldn't trust to take the bins out everyone agrees. The taking of the freekick was as the LAWS OF THE ****ING GAME STATE.

I thinking of PMing HW to for advice on the ignore button. Blimey chap you're testing.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
WTF are you on? Tell you what look at the next game on TV and look at the keeper most will still be near their post when the ref moves away from the ball and blows his whistle, it happens often but like I've been posting most attacking players aren't standing on the ball facing straight at the goal. It's the failure of these dumbarsed attackers for not doing more often. Instead they have one running over it, one running away from it and last putting it row Z.

Just accept the referee got it wrong. Apart from one prick of an ex-referee who I wouldn't trust to take the bins out everyone agrees. The taking of the freekick was as the LAWS OF THE ****ING GAME STATE.

I thinking of PMing HW to for advice on the ignore button. Blimey chap you're testing.

Where have I said the ref didn't get it wrong? The ref was within his rights to blow his whistle for us to take it but if you look at every other free kick that is taken in the league, the ref will usually wait until the keeper is ready. It's a dangerous precedent to suddenly change that and we would feel aggrieved if we were on the other end of it.

Compare it to foul throws. How many throw ins are technically foul throws? Most of them. How many are actually given? None. If in our next game we took a throw and then someone scored but it got chalked off for a foul throw, we would be pretty aggrieved. You could say ItS tHe LaWs Of ThE gAmE but if those laws haven't been previously enforced, then it's not fair.

Fell free to block me :flounce:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Two examples that all Albion fans are aware of. There may well be many more dotted around the globe throughout the history of the game but you know what, we don't monitor all of world football.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Where have I said the ref didn't get it wrong? The ref was within his rights to blow his whistle for us to take it but if you look at every other free kick that is taken in the league, the ref will usually wait until the keeper is ready. It's a dangerous precedent to suddenly change that and we would feel aggrieved if we were on the other end of it.

Compare it to foul throws. How many throw ins are technically foul throws? Most of them. How many are actually given? None. If in our next game we took a throw and then someone scored but it got chalked off for a foul throw, we would be pretty aggrieved. You could say ItS tHe LaWs Of ThE gAmE but if those laws haven't been previously enforced, then it's not fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCWjioIR5MM

Only 12 years ago

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Why is a dangerous precedent....the advantage to the attacking side has partly been taken away by this ponderous approach to letting the defending side (they committed the foul) sort out for what seems ages their defence ...and feel aggrieved? I’d only feel that way because of that pillock Mason.

Dunk showed innovation for the second time...that’s what I want to see....bit like the time Ernie Hunt scored for Coventry...and then it was banned..pillocks

https://youtu.be/rtuFE9eRiXs

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the bollocks that Mason and Hooper have spouted about the timing of the "second whistle " is irrelevant. The plain and simple fact is that, under the laws of the game, once Mason had blown his whistle to restart the game and the ball was in play, he couldn't blow to stop play unless there was an infringement or the ball went out of play. I just wish that one of the countless pundits/commentators/ retired refs who have had their say on this matter would check the laws and admit that Mason had no mandate to blow a second time, and that we were cheated out of a legitimate goal.

I’ve seen near universal derision of a clear error by Mason.

Hackett, Lineker, R5/TS pundits. The Times has asked why was Mason allowed to referee a 6-pointer after his recent blunders and enforced rest from the sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here