Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lee Mason

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Firstly the Southampton handball debacle, then the pathetic red card for soucek (he was the VAR) and now this. All in the space of a month.

Surely they need to have a think here. Is he really fit to be refereeing in the best league in the world?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would normally be fairly tolerant of refs, but that really was a pathetic display. How he can expect anyone on either team to have any respect for him after that I don’t know.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He’s really not the reason why we’re losing at half time

Well than not the point is it :facepalm:

The second whistle was 100% after the ball crossed the line, it was a goal. Both players in offside positions were not interfering with play, as proved by the replays.

Has to go and never ref again

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Totally shambolic.........needs to be dropped from the list. Why did he even need VAR, he must have known what he did and why.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Yes. Yes he is.

We’ve been poor, but that’s irrelevant. A perfectly good goal ruled out.

I don’t disagree it’s a legit goal. I’m just more worried about the level of our performance than Mason’s.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Nuno Espirito Santo was fined 25k for saying that Mason isn't good enough to ref at PL level, after that I hope he'll be asking for a refund.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
He wasn't interfering as the goalie was miles out of position.

Well than not the point is it :facepalm:

The second whistle was 100% after the ball crossed the line, it was a goal. Both players in offside positions were not interfering with play, as proved by the replays.

Has to go and never ref again

The problem here is Mason should not have blown the whistle when he could clearly see their keeper still lining up the wall, farcical.

I do agree Burn wasn't interfering..

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's not all bad though. He's given the Potter In crowd their excuse for our defeat well before half time, so they can kick back and relax us watching us rack up the possession.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
It's not all bad though. He's given the Potter In crowd their excuse for our defeat well before half time, so they can kick back and relax us watching us rack up the possession.

I’m pro-Potter, but I am sometimes reminded of the “Underpant Gnomes” episode of South Park. Except in Potter’s case it would go:

1. Possession
2. ????
3. Victory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Bad day to end a bad month.

Clearly shouldn't have blown ... But he did.
If you tell players of all ages to "play to the whistle" and ignore that whistle that the players played to, you have to question his fitness to referee at this level.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Going on and on about that decision is only going to lead to pain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here