Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brilliant Ticket Share Scheme (as used by Spurs)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticket-share/

Following on from the 'No More Season Tickets' thread, I felt this subject was worthy of its own thread.

Spurs offer a facility for season ticket holders to transfer their match ticket to any one of twenty nominated friends and family who just need to register their details and obtain a reference number, allowing the club to know who is in attendance.

This would overcome our current situation at Brighton where we are left out of pocket with an used season ticket if we can't attend.

It seems a very sensible solution and I hope the club are able to consider introducing something similar at the Amex.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Following on from the 'No More Season Tickets' thread, I felt this subject was worthy of its own thread.

Spurs offer a facility for season ticket holders to transfer their match ticket to any one of twenty nominated friends and family who just need to register their details and obtain a reference number, allowing the club to know who is in attendance.

This would overcome our current situation at Brighton where we are left out of pocket with an used season ticket if we can't attend.

It seems a very sensible solution and I hope the club are able to consider introducing something similar at the Amex.

On the face of it . . . l agree.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Twenty? Whilst I agree with the principle of the idea twenty seems high.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Absolutely. If you buy something and decide to let someone else have it, then that should be up to you. As for reselling, well the difference can be if passing on the season ticket is at face value (agree its difficult to prove) and you know that person. One simple solution would be for the season ticket holders to give the names of people they might pass the ticket onto to the club, or something along those lines.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Think this is a great idea and would love to see us do something similar. 20 is very generous, would be happy even to just have say 5 or 6 people listed.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm sure most people would only need to have 4 or 5 friends and family listed.
However, having a higher number (20) provides greater flexibility and shows that Spurs are happy to help their season ticket holders overcome any problem of being stuck with an unused season ticket.

I would guess that a reply from Paul Barber would say that our current ticket office software would be unable to facilitate this. I believe Spurs ticketing site is run by software provided by Ticketmaster.
I'm sure if Brighton wanted to offer the same facility to its season ticket holders that it could be achieved with some new software.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Linked, Arsenal are doing a season ticket amnesty, where you can change the details of the season ticket owner. Lots of people permanently lending their season ticket

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Linked, Arsenal are doing a season ticket amnesty, where you can change the details of the season ticket owner. Lots of people permanently lending their season ticket

Always find it amusing that, as I understand, a significant portion of Liverpool's season tickets are notionally held by people who are either dead or in their late dotage.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent scheme. The owner of a ticket should have the right to decide who uses it. Twenty people for 19 home matches sounds a little excessive though.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Is it necessary ? don`t most let others use their season ticket when they can`t go. As a family we have three but it is rare the three named on ticket go. Normally two + friend or family member.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellent scheme. The owner of a ticket should have the right to decide who uses it. Twenty people for 19 home matches sounds a little excessive though.

Crikey. That’s two things we have agreed on now!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
PB accepts to implement this scheme for Albion fans, with one slight change. For each friend (up to 20) added the cost of your season ticket is increased by £20.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Ooh it’s a corner;9759404 said:
I think it sounds interesting - but I don’t have any friends!!

I could become your friend if it means that I get materialistic advantages.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is it necessary ? don`t most let others use their season ticket when they can`t go. As a family we have three but it is rare the three named on ticket go. Normally two + friend or family member.

Strictly speaking, this is against the law. But yes, literally thousands of people do this on a regular basis over the course of the season. The club turn a blind eye as long as people don’t get ejected or sell their tickets on the open market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here