Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Bromwich Albion vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

West Brom v The Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The Hawthorns
Date: Saturday 27th February 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Lee Mason
Assistants: Mark Scholes, Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Simon Hooper
Additional VAR: Richard West

TEAM NEWS

West Brom will be without suspended centre-back Semi Ajayi, with Dara O'Shea likely to replace him.

Winger Robert Snodgrass will not be risked after complications from a knee problem but he should be fit for next Thursday's game with Everton.

Albion right-back Tariq Lamptey has been training all week and could feature, although he will not start.

Albion central defender Adam Webster hasn't yet overcome the ankle injury he picked up at Burnley earlier this month.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]The Albion's solitary victory in 11 top-flight meetings came at home in September 2017 (D6, L4).
    [*=left]The Albion have never won a league match at The Hawthorns (D4, L6).
    [*=left]However, the Albion did beat West Brom 3-1 on their most recent visit, which was an FA Cup fourth-round replay in February 2019.
West Brom

• [*=left]West Brom have won just one of their past 15 league matches (D5, L9).
    [*=left]Nonetheless, they could remain unbeaten in three consecutive Premier League games for the first time this season.
    [*=left]The Baggies have 14 points after 25 matches. No team has had fewer than 17 points at this stage of a Premier League season and gone on to avoid relegation.
    [*=left]Sam Allardyce's side are averaging just 7.8 shots per game in the Premier League this season, the lowest rate recorded in a single campaign in the division (since 1997-98).
    [*=left]Allardyce has never lost a league fixture against the Albion as a manager in nine attempts (W6, D3). He has beaten them in each of the top four English divisions.
The Albion

• [*=left]The Albion have lost just once in their past six away matches in the Premier League (W2, D3).
    [*=left]Four of the Albion's five Premier League wins this season have come away.
    [*=left]All four of the Albion's games against teams starting the day in the relegation zone this season have ended in a draw, with three of those finishing goalless.
    [*=left]The Albion have conceded seven penalties in this season's Premier League - only Liverpool had conceded more going into this weekend.
    [*=left]Five of the Albion's Neal Maupay's seven league goals this season have come away from home. He has scored just three times in his most recent 19 appearances.
    [*=left]The Albion have had 12 different Premier League goalscorers (excluding own goals) this season, but only the Albion's Maupay and the Albion's Lewis Dunk have scored more than twice.

The Albion's Graham Potter's West Brom Press Conference

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Page 21 Potters a genius Page 23 Potter out , Page 32 how did we miss that ! Page 41 Oh FFS, Page 58 , great goal Maupay is worth 60 million ! Then lots of blow the whistle ref , page 79 to 94 a pleasantly calm reflection of the days unfolding and all's well in the world again once more .

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I woke up thinking I had missed kick off. I was so confident before we played palace and I am now bricking it. I would love an absolutely terrible match where we created nothing but scored either a worldie or a double deflection and they batted us but can’t score. I am a bit bored of battering teams and not scoring.

This match feels so much bigger than it should.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The clash of the Albion’s !
Let’s make this the day we win.. Sunday morning I want to be smugly enjoying 3 points won , not rueing a hatful Of near misses
We need it , they deserve it for having the effrontery to write “The Lord Is My Shepherd” on their stand.... disrespectful.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Today’s the day we’ll see the reality of Potter’s fabled psychological prowess.

We were on a truly excellent run before the Palace debacle. If Potter has put his academic learning into practice, the team will come out buzzing and determined to get back to the mind set and ‘performance levels’ we were in/at prior to the end of the Palace game. Alternatively, the players will be downbeat and nervous. If the former happens, we should win; if the latter, we’ll probably lose.*

This is where the rubber hits the road - has Potter worked his magic? We’ll know by 5pm.

* nailed on draw then.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thought West Brom were pretty decent when we played them at home especially in the second half where they battered us , saying that by now they should be well and truly under the influence of that vile creature of a football manager and we will win , I've not been more confident of s victory since Monday .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Looking for a reaction from the whole side today after Palace to get the job done and bag 3 vital points.

Heart says win but we love a draw don’t we

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Gonna be a tuff game, nearly all the pundits have WBA down for a win, the big Sam revolution starts today allegedly.

After Monday’s bitter disappointment, I’d take a point but want three.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I woke up thinking I had missed kick off. I was so confident before we played palace and I am now bricking it. I would love an absolutely terrible match where we created nothing but scored either a worldie or a double deflection and they batted us but can’t score. I am a bit bored of battering teams and not scoring.

This match feels so much bigger than it should.
This most certainly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wasn’t at all confident we would beat Palace and I am even less confident about this one. We are going to get bullied and outmuscled. I’ll settle for a point right now

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Looking for a reaction from the whole side today after Palace to get the job done and bag 3 vital points.

Heart says win but we love a draw don’t we

I was going to say that the other day, but it almost doesn’t seem right. Normally you’d expect a reaction after a terrible performance, but Monday was an absolute freak show, we played well and dominated every single aspect of the game apart from the 2 occasions they accidentally found themselves near our goal. Play that fixture out another 99 times and I’m sure we win 99 of them. Hopefully the team perform to the same high levels they have been, but please please please can someone convert a a change ffs.

1-1.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If benteke had scuffed his shot we are still on a great run.
Fine margins.
Even so, we need to turn up today.
They will be bang up for it and will fancy their chances.
Whatever happens, don’t forget we are without three of our best.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here