Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Bruno v Tyson documentary

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Available now on Sky Documentaries and on Now TV.

Fantastic viewing, some great old footage and a real trip down memory lane. Both fighters had and continue to have significant mental challenges in their lives but clearly also have huge great respect for each other, then and now.

I was 14 years old in March 1989 for their first fight and remember well the excitement of my dad waking us up in the early hours to drive us to his friends house in Brighton to watch the fight on his Sky Tv! Frank had him in trouble very early on but Tyson just had too much for him in the end.

The second fight, Frank was seemingly already beaten on the walk to the ring and Tyson was a beast but that of course came after Bruno finally had his big night at a sold out Wembley stadium, when he finally lifted the Heavy Weight title after beating Oliver McCall! Being almost 6 years after the first Tyson fight, I was able to celebrate this one with a couple of beers...

Great bit of TV, just thought I’d share this in case anyone has missed it. Thoroughly recommended.

Last edited:

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Available now on Sky Documentaries and on Now TV.

Fantastic viewing, some great old footage and a real trip down memory lane. Both fighters had and continue to have significant mental challenges in their lives but clearly also have huge great respect for each other, then and now.

I was 10 years old in March 1986 for their first fight and remember well the excitement of my dad waking us up in the early hours to drive us to his friends house in Brighton to watch the fight on his Sky Tv! Frank had him in trouble very early on but Tyson just had too much for him in the end.

The second fight, Frank was seemingly already beaten on the walk to the ring and Tyson was a beast but that of course came after Bruno finally had his big night at a sold out Wembley stadium, when he finally lifted the Heavy Weight title after beating Oliver McCall! Being almost 10 years after the first Tyson fight, I was able to celebrate this one with a couple of beers...

Great bit of TV, just thought I’d share this in case anyone has missed it. Thoroughly recommended.

Thought there first fight was 89 could be wrong but think Bruno fought Witherspoon and lost in 86

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here