Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No more season ticket cards

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not seen this elsewhere but I believe the club will move to all digital tickets when we go back next season. How would that work for kids?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Discrimination against people who choose not to have a smart phone?

victor.jpg

I don't Believe it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You'd better get used to it. There is already discrimination against people who don't have a passport and don't drive. One more form of discrimination creeping in under the radar. Pity if a club that is purportedly totally against discrimination does it.
Still, I suppose some forms of discrimination are more acceptable than others, eh?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Doesn't really bother me (it'll save me a few tenners for when I turn up without it) but it won't work for everyone.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Makes sense, as long as those who don’t have a smart phone or for other reasons can have a card

so there will be a card for those people, and may as well for all.

reckon its easier and cheaper to produce a card than pay for some 3rd party to produce and support an app based access. so i doubt this will happen, unless someone been given and bought into a hard sell from a 3rd party.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
The club do very commendable things like ring up the over 80s and have a chat with them. I know it was much appreciated in my family.

I hope they don’t bring in a blanket policy of digital tickets. My grandad can just about use his Nokia brick. He doesn’t own a smartphone.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

reckon its easier and cheaper to produce a card than pay for some 3rd party to produce and support an app based access. so i doubt this will happen, unless someone been given and bought into a hard sell from a 3rd party.

...... and there of course, in this day and age, is the rub.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
You'd better get used to it. There is already discrimination against people who don't have a passport and don't drive. One more form of discrimination creeping in under the radar. Pity if a club that is purportedly totally against discrimination does it.
Still, I suppose some forms of discrimination are more acceptable than others, eh?

Why do people get angry about things that haven't actually happened?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why do people get angry about things that haven't actually happened?

Why do some people feel the need to get arsey about people pointing out the dangers? If the club decide to see reason and not discriminate I won't become angry (note the future tense - I'm not angry now).

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

There’s a big push by businesses, certainly mine, to get people to download and interact their apps, there is real or perceived value

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here