Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1985/86 Red Brighton shirt

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I never used ebay for my business, I felt it devalued a premium product. I just use it for selling second hand stuff, the online jumble sale

It's ruined the classic car/bike/scooter market, littered with crooks and scrap.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
You still have to pay the 10% commission, they just don't charge you to list the item, or to relist, or if you use any of their enhanced listing options like larger images, extra lines for the description etc.

The £4.95 was the price I quoted for delivery in the listing, but when it went for so much I decided I needed to have the special delivery with enhanced insurance.

The costs are unfortunately unavoidable, and are all documented.

I am not for a minute suggesting any wrong-doing, rather suggesting ways to maximise the charitable element of the hammer price of these types of auctions.

Maybe I have preferential eBay terms but I receive regular (typically every few weeks but recently the past 3 weekends running) sell for a maximum of £1 offers. This is when I list my high value items.

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/149h32/index.html

Completely understand about the enhanced postage considering the final selling price - out of interest what did you expect or hope it might have gone for?

I'm still grateful for an opportunity to bid on such an item so thanks to those who made the auction possible in the first place.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe I have preferential eBay terms but I receive regular (typically every few weeks but recently the past 3 weekends running) sell for a maximum of £1 offers. This is when I list my high value items.

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/149h32/index.html

Completely understand about the enhanced postage considering the final selling price - out of interest what did you expect or hope it might have gone for?

I'm still grateful for an opportunity to bid on such an item so thanks to those who made the auction possible in the first place.

I have signed up for those max £1 selling fees offers in the past, and still paid 10% commission on sales, I assumed that was correct. Just read on some eBay forums and seen a lot of people complaining and being told it was a glitch on their account by eBay CS. When they complain eBay have on occasion refunded the fees charged. Now I’m a bit gutted because I don’t know if I was up for one of those deals.

Re the shipping, I expected he shirt to sell for north of £500, was really pleasantly surprised by the final amount.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I have signed up for those max £1 selling fees offers in the past, and still paid 10% commission on sales, I assumed that was correct. Just read on some eBay forums and seen a lot of people complaining and being told it was a glitch on their account by eBay CS. When they complain eBay have on occasion refunded the fees charged. Now I’m a bit gutted because I don’t know if I was up for one of those deals.

Re the shipping, I expected he shirt to sell for north of £500, was really pleasantly surprised by the final amount.

I probably sell 30 to 50% of my listings for £1, I tend to arrange with buyers to make stock available and only contact them when I get the offer. I message them the item number and they buy, some items are only on sale for a few minutes.

You might get charged the full amount but it is credited back at the end of the month when your invoice is due.

Also, credit to eBay, ages ago I took advantage of the offer and sold quantity 2 items to the same buyer by prior arrangement for £650 each. I got charged the 10% becuase the offer is only for quantity 1. I contacted eBay customer services and they refunded me £128 in fees without question as I explained I had made a mistake and not read the T&Cs.

I just checked my account and everything I sold in February (~£700) was for £1.00 with free insertion fees too :)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very good up to £400. I appreciate it is rare but as a non collector have a job to get my head round this.... Who buys these shirts Albion supporters or Football shirt collectors in general

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Very good up to £400. I appreciate it is rare but as a non collector have a job to get my head round this.... Who buys these shirts Albion supporters or Football shirt collectors in general

Bit of both really. Vintage Adidas stuff is of interest to collectors, but there are also Albion supporters who want to add this type of thing to their collections. It wouldn’t surprise me if the current one we are selling goes to either/or, would make a great Christmas present to a classic Trefoil collector, or an Albion enthusiast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here