Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHAFC U23 v MAN CITY U23 live 2pm

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On that evidence still a gulf between our U23s and Prem matchday squad.

I think Caicedo and Karbownik showed promise and think they will be 1st XI material in time but still a way off. Caicedo was playing the Biss role and didn't get forward much but he can turn in tight space and accelerate away from his marker, while Karbownik loves to bomb forward.

The fact the Pole is at right back suggests to me he isn't a factor in Potter's thinking for this season.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Thought it was a fair challenge, the City bloke was just stronger than Weir.

You could be right AZ just thought his arms were up and gave a shove but I only had the one view of the incident, will look again in the highlights edition

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

I think Caicedo and Karbownik showed promise and think they will be 1st XI material in time but still a way off. Caicedo was playing the Biss role and didn't get forward much but he can turn in tight space and accelerate away from his marker, while Karbownik loves to bomb forward.

The fact the Pole is at right back suggests to me he isn't a factor in Potter's thinking for this season.

With an 18 year old ahead of him Karbowniks time could be many years ahead

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

In fairness we have a number of players loaned out who would likely play for the u23s, maybe even Connolly and Lamptey could too.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
With Alzate struggling at LWB, I for one am very disappointed that Karbowicz is not deemed sufficiently competent yet to cover that position.
It’s also surprising that Izquierdo nor Andone werent given 45 - 60 min run outs

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With Alzate struggling at LWB, I for one am very disappointed that Karbowicz is not deemed sufficiently competent yet to cover that position.
It’s also surprising that Izquierdo nor Andone werent given 45 - 60 min run outs

I assume you are a physio working for the club if you find it surprising?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In fairness we have a number of players loaned out who would likely play for the u23s, maybe even Connolly and Lamptey could too.

Fair point, although given Karbownik and Caicedo are full internationals and have played in competitive matches for their country I was hoping they might have been more than the 7 out of 10 I'd give then for today's U23 match.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fair point, although given Karbownik and Caicedo are full internationals and have played in competitive matches for their country I was hoping they might have been more than the 7 out of 10 I'd give then for today's U23 match.

Sometimes its just like that... even if you would put Dunk or Bissiouma in the U23s, they would have the occasional game where he looked like questionable PL players. And these guys are two teenagers who moved to England just a month ago, so its likely to be more than "once in a while" for them. I wouldnt think too much about it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Regardless of how many points they should have had, Karbownik impressed far more than Caiciedo on the day, and would justify at least a score two points higher. Karnownik looked good - rather Lamptey-like. Hopefully Caiciedo has more to offer than he showed today (he didn't do much wrong - but there again, he didn't do much .................)
Eary days and all that ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here