Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] How would you spend £180 million

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Don't say 'buy a striker'
Tonight, Friday 26th Feb, the Euromillions is £180,000,000.00 that's a lot of zeros.
If it was you, what would be the first thing you bought?
House's of course for all the family.
Ferrari obviously, but you'd soon get bored of that.
Holiday, why you've moved to somewhere hot on day one.
How would it feel to walk into a shop knowing you could not only buy anything you wanted, you could buy the shop as well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would give away £170m to schools, organisations, projects and individuals who helped me over the years or who I just admire a lot and then I would take the remaining £10m myself and live happily ever after.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
I would give away £170m to schools, organisations, projects and individuals who helped me over the years or who I just admire a lot and then I would take the remaining £10m myself and live happily ever after.

....... on Pizza :lolol:

Something I once said I would do if I every won the lottery.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
I would spend a fair wedge on drugs, hookers, gambling and alcohol... and the rest I would waste.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Tonight, Friday 26th Feb, the Euromillions is £180,000,000.00 that's a lot of zeros.
How would it feel to walk into a shop knowing you could not only buy anything you wanted, you could buy the shop as well.

A ticket.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In the immortal words of George Best, I'd spend most of it on booze, birds and fast cars. I'd waste the rest.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Any win over a million is, in my opinion, obscene. A million quid would set most people up for life but still give them an incentive to earn a living and live useful lives.
I think I’d use £179 million to try and find solutions to keep folk off the streets.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
invest in GME and Bitcoin, turn it into a billion.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Give most of it away, to friends, family, charities, etc. That's a seriously huge amount of cash and I don't think anyone actually needs all that in their life. It helps that I'm not particularly materialistic and I don't think that would really change.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about that exact question as I ran around Shoreham Beach this morning. There's a house over there that would be the first major thing I'd buy – probably even paying over the odds, if the owners didn't want to sell – if I won mega millions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Tis a quandary for sure. I'm in enough of a bind trying to think of what to do with my £148 worth of Nectar points :moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would be a case of too much money! I would get rid of a sizable amount of it to charities straightaway to get it down to manageable proportions. Then see the family secure.
Then I'd buy a big house and have a studio built in the basement. Then I would hire half a dozen decent young musicians on a £40K a year two year contract to make a decent job of some of the demos I recorded on a four track back in the 80s.- and maybe buy a few slots at some smaller festivals to play them live with a shit hot backing band. That's be a million or so well spent!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd have a blast buying my best friends and immediate family houses and cars - or paying off their mortgages.

I'd have fairly modest holiday homes in several countries, treat myself to a Rolls Royce, and buy a nice house in the UK (not massive).

After that, I'd build a walloping great complex consisting of flats and some kind of factory / industrial estate. I would then only employ people who had hit shit bottom and needed a new start in life. They'd have a wage, a roof over their head, and I'd make sure they could learn new skills - or just save up for enough to put a deposit down on a new place to create a new space for someone else, or train up to do something which could give them a living.

I wouldn't be writing fat cheques to charities not knowing where every penny went. Being able to see with my own eyes where the cash was going and how it was working would be a huge reward.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If there was a way I could donate to specific state schools that my kids went to, I’d look after them. The three hospitals that have saved my life over the years, and a couple of the good ex- Serviceman charities. These are the ones who don’t (IMO) scam the public. The RNLI, and my local hospice.
I would give a substantial amount to my kids, and some in trust for my grandkids.
I’d keep a few Bob for myself, but, quite honestly, there’s not much I want. My house is okay, don’t need a bigger one, and I like the area I live in.
A box at the Amex, a new car, but, nothing sporty. After that, I would probably give the vast majority away to causes or people who I think need it , or deserve it.

Oh, and I’d give up work.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'd have a blast buying my best friends and immediate family houses and cars - or paying off their mortgages.

I'd have fairly modest holiday homes in several countries, treat myself to a Rolls Royce, and buy a nice house in the UK (not massive).

After that, I'd build a walloping great complex consisting of flats and some kind of factory / industrial estate. I would then only employ people who had hit shit bottom and needed a new start in life. They'd have a wage, a roof over their head, and I'd make sure they could learn new skills - or just save up for enough to put a deposit down on a new place to create a new space for someone else, or train up to do something which could give them a living.

I wouldn't be writing fat cheques to charities not knowing where every penny went. Being able to see with my own eyes where the cash was going and how it was working would be a huge reward.

I very much agree with all of your post apart from the first line.

My mates would then spend their income on drugs and booze and so I would drip feed them instead, after seeing their business plans.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here